How to make use of generic 433Mhz sensors?

@rhodges

yes. i have updated the sketch to the latest version and I have changed the time_avoid_duplicate value to 1 millisecond. When the sensor trigger, it still publishes multiple same code to the broker.

I think you need to leave the time_avoid_duplicate high, like 2000 or 3000. I noticed for the door sensors from aliexpress, they keep transmitting as long as you see the light. That is, they push the signal multiple times over 2 or 3 seconds.

The dedupe logic stores the first time it see the signal and then the next time, and the next time, and the next time. The time between the first time and the last time is what the time_avoid_duplicate needs to be.

1 millisecond isn’t near enough. Try between 250 and 3000.

1 Like

ah… now i get it. it is working like how i wish now. thanks! :smile:

1 Like

Help is welcome don’t hesitate to submit a pull request!

How did you manage in the end?

You bought sensors and a receiver? If yes which receiver?

yeah. i managed to build the gateway and integrate all these sensors.

thanks.

I bought 1 hour ago the stuff of this video

Hello, I have RF modules HC-12 that workshop with 433mhz André comunication serial.
I want to work with MQTT.
Can you give me your code?

Hi, which are the advantages/disadvantages of first vs second solution?

ESP8266 embed a wifi directly without adding extra shield, but has less port and library available. Which make it less evolutive in my point of view compared to arduino. It is the cheapest alternative.
Arduino will be more expensive due to the w5100 shield you need to add for ethernet connectivity.

My main system is based on an arduino due to the fact I added a lot of devices to the ports, siren, DHT11, led, voltage measurement and I’m planning to add a led strip and an IR detector on the remaining ones.

Might still be better of using several esp8266, it’s less expensive, has wifi, and if one function stop working you don’t stop all your sensor/services at once.
It also have a much smaller footprint and is powered by the common micro-USB (nodeMCU/wemos d1 mini)

thanks for your answer.

And what are the main advantages of adding arduino+ethernet, over just adding a tranceiver to a pi3 (which runs HASS), and using RF component in HA?

From what I read, the Pi generates a lot of noise which is going to kill your 433 performance.

Ohh I didn’t know that

Do you use any enclosure, or you have open boards running all over the place?

mmhhh less port and library available? I do not understand. In a typical use of … I don’t know, maybe 10-15 sensors is the ESP8266 enough?

I have a Nodemcu with a 433MHz decoder which works well. I have added a motion sensor. This works, but only if the PIR is kept at least 2cm away from the 433MHz receiver. Otherwise, it gives out false motion detection overnight.

So I would be careful about adding too much to one esp8266.

I usually buy some small plastic enclose on Aliexpress:
Waterproof Plastic Cover 82x52x35
They are available in all shape/size.

I then usually use available usb port to power them when I can (on the XBOX, router, modem, tv, home server,…) to avoid having to use additional power supply.

You have to differentiate sensors that are connected directly and needs a pin to the 433mhz sensors that pass through the receiver, the receiver need only one gpio pin.
To sum up 15 rf sensors on esp8266 ok, 15 wired sensors to esp8266 ko (only 11 digital IO and 1 analog IO).

Here is a comparison of the boards:
http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4348

Regaarding the libraries you can find on the net for arduino IDE, they are first compatible with arduino and sometimes ported to ESP8266.

1 Like

I am using Pilight at the moment, but am trying the transition to ESP easy it has a KaKu module by Martinus which provide a base for 433 Rx/Tx modules cheapo’s from China also work, the only thing is I can see its JSON output I can bind it to HA but I am not keen enough to read the values and transmit the values to the ESP8266 again so I am stuck a bit.
But it seems to me a great option of sending and receiving 433mHz, wireless to esp nodes.