IKEA Smart Lighting (Zigbee)

Is the motion sensor available?

So, while a few people already integrated the smart bulbs into HA, would you be so kind and subscribe how you did that? I want to start with Home Automation with these bulbs, because (IMHO) smart lighting is the first step into these topics.

In the US is available: bulb + motion senosr at 24$ … very cool.

Any news when available in Europe?

Are they both commandable from HASS?

focus your attention on smart switches and sensors … you will find out that that’s the way to go …

The gateway needs to be integrated with HASS, its so new that i don’t think anyone has had a chance to look at it yet.

I have tried to just check what network packages are sent when you try to search for a gateway but failed…
(Sadly i don’t have access to a physical android phone, if i did i would use the Packet Capture app and dump all network packages leaving the Trådfri app, and analyse those).

1 Like

I just got two IKEA bulbs: a GU10 and an E27, both with tunable colour temperature. I would like to use them with my Osram Lightify gateway that I use with HASS. I was able to pair the bulbs with the gateway; in the Osram app I can switch and dim them, but not change the colour temp; in HASS I can also switch and dim them; additionally, HASS pretends I can change the RGB, but choosing a colour of course has no effect. I cannot change the colour temperature.

Was anyone able to fully control the bulbs with Lightify? @malx122, you mentioned you can even change the colour temperature in HASS? Did that work out of the box or is there some way to tell HASS these are not RGB bulbs? It would be super awesome being able to fully control the bulbs with my existing setup.

My Osram gateway saw the E27 bulb right away (the 1000lm version.the one without the blueish light). The app doesnt seem to be able to dim, only turn on off…but hass can dim and switch.

Oh wow, I just realized it actually works - switching, dimming and changing the color temperature! It’s just that HASS doesn’t display the color temperature slider in the frontend at first. But if I call light.turn_on with the "color_temp" attribute, it works like a charm and then the slider also magically appears! It seems the capabilities of the bulb are not properly discovered; one could add an option to manually specify them in the config (like for the mqtt_json platform).

To summarize, I can fully control my Ikea bulbs with the Lightify gateway + HASS! :tada:

2 Likes

you use the Lightfy component?

Do you have the tradfri motion/light sensor?

@anon35356645, I use the lightify component, yes, but don’t have any Tradfri sensor; only the E27 and GU10, both white with changeable color temperature.

Ok, in case you buy/try the sensor let me know if it works with the lightyfy gateway

1 Like

anyone has tried the remote controls? especially the dimmers look very nice and simple. also the price point is good. so they could replace my light switches If I could pair them with my hue system

2 Likes

I just made the same service call and there’s the temp slider! Thanks!

My lightify app has always shown the tradfri bulb as “not paired correctly”, even though it works for On/Off/Dim. Is that something you got on yours too?

All of a sudden, the wait is over. The Ikea gateway will be integrated in hass very soon!

1 Like

Ooops posted in wrong tradfri thread.

Maybe the other thread should be closed as a dup?

1 Like

As I have understood it you need a remote to include the light to the gateway.

Thanks.
That is a bit weird, and also odd that the gateway page for ikea does not mention it: (from UK site)

Good to know

Can only be used with IKEA Smart lighting products.
We continuously update the TRÅDFRI app with more functions and possibilities.
You need the TRÅDFRI gateway to use the TRÅDFRI app. Download the app for free via Google Play or App Store, depending on which mobile device you have.
TRÅDFRI app works with Android (at least KitKat 4.4 or Lollipop 5.0) and iOS (at least iOS 8).
To use the gateway you need an internet connection.
Use the included ethernet cable to connect the gateway to your internet.
Hidden cable management for ethernet and power cables.
Designer

IKEA of Sweden

Aha maybe its what this cryptic page in the gw manual means?

:joy: I agree - that is not very straight forward information about that, but I would guess yes.