IKEA Smart Lighting (Zigbee)

Ahh yes that would be the 35Euro of the white ambiance hue.
Be3side I see some nice wall lamps, cool.

Better the xiaomi yeelight: 16 for the rgb and 10 for the white ambiance :wink:

Just bought a Osram Lightify gateway. Looks like I can pair the Ikea FLOALT lights as well. Next step, install hass on a Pi :slight_smile:

how are they?, I was going to buy one.

I have two 60x60 cm floalt’s (biggest model) and one smaller floalt. The biggest ones are ideal for my living room and kitchen. Great lumen. The smaller one only seems suited for a small space.

Regarding colour temperature, I like the warm white (2700 kelvin) and cold white (4000 kelvin) the most. I personally don’t like the warm light (2200 kelvin) that much.

I’ve only tried to pair the smallest one to start with, but I assume that the bigger ones use the same Zigbee-controller.

how big is your kitchen?

It’s pretty small since I’m living in an appartment. Most Ikea have some floalt’s installed so you might have the chance to test them first.

Wasn’t able to pair the 60x60cm FLOALTs since the lightify app won’t detect them. The smaller one is detected right away. Tried factory reset, but won’t matter.

Think I’m going to return the Osram lightify

ideas on how to link it to HASS?

p.s. did you update the Osram gateway with latest firmware?

The linking with hass was no problem, the one floalt that I managed to get connected worked perfectly (could adjust brightness and color temperature).

Yes, Osram gateway is on latest firmware.

I can (un)pair the ikea controllers immediately, so I think it must be an Osram Gateway issue.

check on Osram forum, maybe is a known issue that will be fixed

Unfortunately can’t find any related issues. Think I’ll just stick to the Ikea controllers for now and return the Osram.

I should notice that sometimes you need to pair Osram lightify bulbs several times to succeed (I was near to return several Osram lamps).
So I would advise to do the same several times with IKEA lightso too if you succeed once with one.

Have tried for a few hours, even reconfigured the gateway.

Unpaired the Ikea controller first (which was sucessfull) and tried to do a factory reset of the floalt, by turning off/on the powerswitch six times. Then tried several times to pair the Osram Lightify Gateway, but won’t detect the floalt.

When I try the controller again, it gets paired after 10 seconds like it should be.

Really existing that it works (mostly). Was so close to buying a SmartThings only to get the zigbee and z-wave hardware for a good price, but integration to Lightify (+ z wave hardware) seems easier. Light bulbs for Zigbee (Ikea, Osram) are much cheaper than for z-wave.

Tip for those living in Sweden, Ica has a really good price on starter kit (hub + 1 RGB lamp bulb), 649 kr.

Just as some has reported for the SmartThings hub I finally succeeded to pair the Ikea controller with the lightify gateway (as a four button switch). But I also just got the batterylevel, no button presses are registred. I’m guessing there are no standard for zigbee switches
or at least Ikea is not following any.

The german computer magazine publisher Heise opened and analyzed the TrÄdfri bulbs (Coming to german Ikea stores in april):

Then they’ve opened a remote and added an MQTT client via an ESP8266 controller:

(All articles in german though.)

1 Like

So I successfully paired two Ikea E14 bulbs with the Osram Lighify gateway. The one E27 I bought however no success. Tried several times, on and off, reset etc, it won’t detect. I will try to change that bulb to see if it was just that one.

Anyone succeeded with the E27 bulb?

Strange thing happened. It showed up in hass as “light.unnamed_device” without showing up i Lightify Hub!

This was the same name the other lights were called before I named them in the Lightify Hub. The problem was that for each restart of hass, they would random be unnamed_device or unnamed_device_2, making them impossible to script.

I will see if it will show up in Lightify Hub soon!

1 Like

This post just came out from Hackaday, rehashes a lot of what was already said but thought it would be good to link anyway.

2 Likes

some german article about “hacking” the lightbulbs and controlling them with RPI + ESP8266 +MQTT + NodeRed