RF Transceiver Help

Hi Everyone

I am just getting started in Homeassistant and am seeking some help with adding a device.

I found one of these on eBay for a few dollars so thought I would give it a try.

Link: http://urup.net/?p=76

Linux recognises the device as /dev/ttyUSB0 however I would like to use it to control some blinds (433.92Mhz) and RF outlets

Anyone got his to work with HA or indeed any other home automation software?

I have also just ordered a similar device, but have not received it yet.
I hope to reuse some of the code from here: http://morethanuser.blogspot.no/2016/08/cc1101-atmega32u-usb-dongle-python.html

Have you seen

and

1 Like

Thanks for the links everyone.

However I don’t think these will help.

Reason being, I am not using an RPi. I have an old laptop with Ubuntu and HA installed and have the USB RF Receiver plugged in to it.
Is this type of thing only possible with a Raspberry Pi?

The 433toMQTTto433 gateway works independently. You just need to plug in the power and it will connect to your WiFi. The RF signals it receive will be publish to an MQTT broker (server).

Anyway, you need to understand MQTT in order to use this. Once you get it (it is pretty easy), you can make use of it in your HA via MQTT. MQTT is pretty amazing for home automation. Learn it, you won’t regret it.

I don’t quite get this… Sound I be building a seperate Arduino gateway and plugging the USB RF Transceiver to this?

Sorry for so many questions, guess this is not as easy as I thought.

Just follow this guide

It is using NodeMCU and you don’t have to use the USB RF Transceiver. You just need to wired up the NodeMCU + RF receiver + transmitter module.

Let me clear this up…

I don’t have an Arduino or a Raspberry Pi

I have a laptop running Ubuntu and this USB RF transceiver connected to it.

Ubuntu reports this as:

Bus 005 Device 016: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x UART Bridge / myAVR mySmartUSB light

Is it possible to get this device recognised in HA and subsequently sniff and send 433 signals?

Hi, I have the same device. No luck with it. Does anyone else have it working?