Tuya Integration

Did you ever get them to work? I’ve got a hand full of them and 2 power strips (stekkerdozen). The power strips work fine. The stand-alone smart plugs don’t show up in HA (do show up in the smart life app).

If they don’t show up in HA, there is a work-around. Create 2 scenes in the smartlife app, one with the smart plug on, one with the smart plug off. Then you can switch them on/off by activating the scene.

3 Likes

Correcto así lo he hecho yo, y funcionan.

Componente tuya LoraTap Interruptor WiFi Inteligente Módulo de Interruptor Inalámbrico

Has anyone successfully stuff to work in Tuya? I have this fan, which I don’t think I’ll be able to flash, but it never shows up, so I guess not supported? Also these lights which are recognised, but I was hoping I could trigger automations based on the sensor trigginering etc which doesn’t seem possible :confused:

I have purchased a dehumidifier with Tuya baked in. I am also unable to get the data into Home Assistant. No errors that I see just doesn’t report data. I am curious if wireshark or something similar would be able to intercept the data in such a way as to get into Home Assistant. Any thoughts?

Hi all. I purchased this one wifi socket: https://a.aliexpress.com/_d6zi1aD

It can be successful added to both, Smart Life and Tuya Android apps.
Currently, it is added to Smart Life app

Below is my basic config in configuration.yaml :

tuya:
username: [email protected]
password: password
country_code: 381
platform: smart_life

What magic should happen now to get it on lovelace :grin: ?

As for now, I tried:

1. Developer Tools > Services > Call Service > tuya.pull_devices and tuya.force_update . Should devices be displayed after this? Nothing changes for me and nothing new in entities.
  2. Here: Tuya - Home Assistant is stated that country_code should be enquoted. I tried all combinations of single and double quote, nothing changes.
  3. I also tried to add switch to configuration.yaml including local IP of socket, device ID and local key, nothing changes.

Is it possible maybe that they blocked HA in firmware or I am really dumb :grin:

Please help, thanks.

The work-around is mentioned already.

I just used :

tuya:
  username: [email protected]
  password: xxx
  country_code: 32
  platform: smart_life
1 Like

Hey, thanks for answer. I already read this post before, but obviously I didn’t read carefully, cause on first look didn’t understood that this have any relation with HA. I was thinking that you mean only on scenes in Smart Life app and nothing else :grin:

Anyway, now is everything configured - scenes from Smart Life app were integrated in HA as entities and I already made voice commands through AutoVoice > Tasker > HA Tasker plugin and my basic desk lamp is smart lamp now :grin:

Thanks once again!

Hello, the solution of @francisp is of course awesome !!! And “Tasker” is a great app and the plugins are simply brilliant and very, very extensive. I flashed my Tuya Smart plugs with an RPi OTA with “Tuya Convert” and integrated them into HA via MQTT. In NodeRED I have the “Nora” plugin that connects to the Google Assistant …

for the record your config looks correct.

(spacing aside!)

If the device doesn’t show in the configuration->entities (search for switch.*) then unfortunately its likely not supported by the ots integration (the power monitor function might be the issue)

Yup, I already understood that, probably not (fully) supported, but workaround above is working perfect and for me, nothing else is needed in this use case, except possibility to turn socket on and off, so problem solved :slight_smile:

Btw, spacing in my post above isn’t good, I noticed that. In some strange way, block quote format putting it as is, maybe because I typing from phone, don’t know, but it is for sure ok in configuration.yaml (all lines below first should have 2 spaces in front)

@walaj Thank you for your help. I figured this out later after I had written this post. Now onto my second fresh install of ha, currently building automations in node red.

Trying to find a way to make a tuya motion sensor work in HA.

Cheers

Hi Francisp
I followed your suggestion and got them to work too, awesome. But it unfortunately appears to be impossible to retrieve their state.

Do you have any other intel on these particular devices? Thanks again!

Hi Scott,

I too have a dehumidifier with Tuya baked in (it’s an electriQ dehumidifier). Have you had any luck getting it connected to HA?

I have the same issue as you - the native Tuya integration in HA does not recognise it, and had reached the same conclusion as you - wireshark. However not ever having used it before I don’t really know where to begin. I did find this article though, which looks like it may be transferable to dehumidifiers: https://medium.com/@alexharasic/hijacking-your-home-iot-appliance-part-1-8c2aabdf950d.

I hope this helps - if you find a way it would be great if you could let me know!

Cheers

Alex

Has anyone noticed something funny going on with Tuya/Smartlife?

A short while ago, they removed IFTTT integration.
And at around the same time, it partially stopped working with Home Assistant.
Some devices would turn on and off via HA and it’s automations, and others would not despite working flawlessly a month ago.
The behaviour is not consistent, but the devices always work via the SmartLife app.

Not sure how or why this is occuring, but would be interested in any remedies anyone has.

Thanks!

yep many are having the same issue with the latest version of HA.
I noticed my toggle switches were not changing state. But from the app yes.

2 Likes

Aha! Thank you @yonny24 that’ll teach me to sort my searches by relevance and not date!

1 Like

Whats the easiest way to get Brilliant Smart (a tuya based app), integrated with HA?
It’s the only tuya based app still compatible with ifttt as far as I’m aware.

Just so you know, Smartlife and tuya apps are working again with ifttt. Otherwise you’d just haven’t to use the “platform” option when trying to sync the brilliant app with HA default tuya integration.

Setting the platform to Brilliant Smart doesn’t seem to be working, what do you mean they are working “against with”?