0.106.3: Coronavirus integration (COVID-19), track the outbreak

Very interesting.
Error in the post title. Cornavirus instead of Coronavirus.
Official name of the virus: SARS-CoV-2
Offical name of the serious syndrome COVID-19
They are sometimes confused with one another.
What you are tracking are sometimes confirmed cases of infection (so a patient with symptoms but also with a positive identification of this specific virus), in other instances they tracked virus positives even though asymptomatic. Picture is still partially confused. NY article very good. Thanks
Medical doctor here :slight_smile:
Source for the naming standards: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance/naming-the-coronavirus-disease-(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-causes-it

2 Likes

type it in the searchbar

That was what I did first, and thereā€™s nothing. Regardless of whether I spell it ā€œcoronaā€¦ā€ or (as this thread misspelled it) ā€œcornaā€¦ā€

The first i do after upgrade is pressing CTRL-F5

:man_facepalming:

Iā€™m still going to blame this on sleep deprivation from having a newbornā€¦ But thanks!

1 Like

Where are the release notes for Home Assistant Core 0.106.4? When I click the link it brings me to this page which says 0.106.3.

1 Like

There are normally no release notes for intermediate version, thereā€™s only release notes for major version, so the latest release notes are v0.106 and the next will be for v0.107

Sorry, meant change log, I always see a change long for minor version updates.

So? Seems like the bug then

Sensationalist and unnecessary

1 Like

How do I get it to show the country in the heading and just show ā€˜confirmedā€™ and ā€˜currentā€™ above each sensor like in the blog post? When I add it in as a glance card, it just the whole thing (Worldwide coronavirus confirmed) above each sensor.

Read the whole topic.

Hi All,

How can I remove this line in the sensor:

unit_of_measurement: people

Cheers

This?

Cue ā€œJawsā€ theme music
Bird fluā€™s cominā€™ā€¦
dump dump, dump dump dump dump, dump dumpā€¦

What type of card are you using to display the information from this integration in time? I used the glance to show the metrics Iā€™m interested into but Iā€™d like to graph them in time as the days progress. Thanks

The data you show is unquestionable but ā€¦ epidemics model are quite complex but are driven mainly by the R0 (the average number of people an infected person will infect) and alfa or lethality.
The bad news is that this virus is as infectious as a common cold virus but because of the affinity to distal bronchial cells it causes pneumonia a lot more often than the common cold and more than influenza. This results in the mortality being in the 1-3% while influenza is ā€œonlyā€ 0.1. This means that with the current dynamics the worst case scenario is that we might have a situation similar to 1918 ā€œSpanishā€ influenza outbreak which killed 50 million people worldwide. Of course we have better tools to address sick people but we also the population has risen from under 2 billion to 7.8 and a lot more people are crowded in megacities and also in developed countries people over 60 are a much higher percentage and because of their general health are amongst those that might develop serious or fatal complications. So letā€™s hope clinical practice will quickly identify good antivirals to treat the pneumonia reaction (I am less optimistic about the development of a vaccine because of this virus mutability) and that fair weather will help us slow down the infection rate but I respectfully disagree about stamping this as ā€œaw cā€™mon itā€™s just another fluā€ neither in biology nor in its evident impact on society and economy.

4 Likes

Point releases are usually added to the major release documentation. See the link above.

The notes arenā€™t generally as detailed but each release is documented. See above for an example.

put a blank space in customizations - unit of measurement

3 Likes

Thank you really appreciate
By the way it would be cool to always add it.
I mean we often see exemple of implementation without the yaml to implement it

1 Like