0.106: Light brightness stepping, better Safe Mode and person dialog

@ KennethLavrsen Iā€™d link this to Safari specificallyā€¦ Even of my Mac Pro (2013) loading HA in Safari might create issues and be very slow. It was disastrous up to 0.103, is gradually getting better up to 0.105, did not tested it yet with 0.106. On .105 issues I yet face are related to date selector in history view, that do not show up until you click somewhere on calendar and deconz Settings/Gateway page not being displayed. These issues are consistent across Safari browser on all platforms I tested (Mac, iPhone, iPadā€¦ not tested with Safari for Windows). None of these issues exist for the very same HA configuration when using Chrome.

@KennethLavrsen I think a github issue would be good for this. (If you have not already done one, if you did, sorry I missed it). Devs are far more likely to address an issue than a forum post.

Going from the code, it looks like the flaps and pets options have been changed so they just take a list of ids rather than a map of id and name but the documentation hasnā€™t been updated to reflect this (and it wasnā€™t listed as a breaking change). So your config would probably need to be something like:

surepetcare:
  username: !secret sure_petcare_username
  password: !secret sure_petcare_password
  flaps: [!secret sure_petcare_flaps]
  pets: [!secret sure_petcare_pets]

I raised the github right after my first post here. And our beloved dev has already an idea of what the problem is so I am optimistic it will get fixed

1 Like

ā€œUpdateā€ Here is a gif :slight_smile:
Another Update: Seems to work in Chrome

Iā€™m experiencing issues on my mobile devices.
As stated the custom cards needs to be updated when I want to remove them everything on the page dissapears and I need to Restart HA to get them displayed properly again.

Bild

On this page you should see a sensor page (not custom) and a batch of Mini Graph cards. When I end edit mode they will NOT re-appear

o dear, is this still the case a few hours after updating (sometimes feel the HA instance needs to adjust internally, might nit be true, only gut feeling)

If yes, please file an issue on this so the devā€™s and Balloob know about it. Much went into mitigating Hue errors. This might be an unwanted side effect, or, lets hope, simply overlookedā€¦

I noticed the ā€˜darkā€™ attribute of my IKEA motion sensors is gone after the update. Maybe I interpreted #31661 wrong, but I did not expect this to happen.

IKEA_NoDarkAttr

I connect the sensors using deConz specifically for this attribute. I hope to see it back again.

Has anyone tested the Melcloud integration?

Iā€™ve tried to add it (used the custom component before), but after clicking on the Melcloud integration the window closes.

Also, trying to figure out where is this token:

ā€™ The required authentication token can be found in X-MitsContextKey header when logged into the MELCloudā€™

Yes it ā€œshouldā€ still work

Thanks Robban.

I noticed I was running deCONZ firmware version 5.1 so updated to 5.3.
The release notes didnā€™t specify a fix of any kind and it worked fine under v0.105x, but now one of the three sensors shows the attribute. So perhaps a reset fixed it and it seems no HA version issue.

For the record, I did a HA restart and a system reboot before posting.

Worth keeping in mind, itā€™s not like Safari is a known bad browser. It optimizes for energy consumption vs. performance, while Chrome optimizes for performance vs. energy. And Chrome is more aggressive at adopting new standards. But Safari is still widely regarded as a great browser, with good performance characteristics in spite of optimizing for energy efficiency.

So, letā€™s say it is a problem only on Safari. Itā€™s probably not a good idea to dismiss it as Safariā€™s fault, just because it does work on Chrome. Not unless weā€™re going back to the days of IE vs. Netscape.

Itā€™s worth investigating, what is the problem? Is there a genuine issue with Safari? Maybe. Or is the HTML and JavaScript so inefficient that itā€™s the cause? Maybe. Some of these JavaScript front-end frameworks areā€¦not efficient. Or can be inefficient when used sub-optimally.

Might be, itā€™ll be something hard to fix, and the developers move on to other things, and recommend folks use Chrome. But, might be something easy to fix, and in that case, I bet Home Assistant performs better no matter what browser youā€™re using.

(Iā€™ve been getting Safariā€™s ā€œThis webpage is using significant memory. Closing it may improve the responsiveness of your Mac.ā€ error message, starting with my first install at .104. Itā€™s been driving me nuts. Chrome, as evidenced by the amount of memory itā€™s using for far fewer tabs, is unconcerned about memory usage. That doesnā€™t mean Home Assistant pages memory usage isnā€™t excessive, just that Chrome has gone honeybadger-donā€™t-care on us.)

2 Likes

ZHA native support for Texas Instruments CC based Zigbee sticks is what Iā€™m personally most excited about!

I personally think that the 0.106 release notes should also have high-lighted/promoted the newly added ZHA support for Texas Instruments CC series based Zigbee coordinator sticks because of their very inexpensive price has the potential of making it a disruptive technology in a positive way for the Home Assistant community.

Pull request #31621 by @sanyatuning adds native support for the same cheap CC2531 Zigbee sticks to Home Assistant, the same Zigbee sticks that the Zigbee2mqtt project has made popular among the community.

Right now the short comment about Texas Instruments CC support was hidden in the list of all changes in the 0.106 Beta release notes, and again I personally think that it was as such was not very informative about the impact that native support for inexpensive Texas Instruments CC based Zigbee coordinator sticks could potentially have.

Maybe it could be mentioned in a community highlight?

Try

2 Likes

Can you link us to the github issue? Iā€™d like to track it

Sure. The Integration paging loading issue on IOS is tracked here

1 Like

The documentation is only partially updated. It mentions the TI radios, but it does not say you what radio_type you need to add.

zha:
  radio_type: ti_cc
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
1 Like

Iā€™ve updated and am not seeing the lovely new sensor card?

Any ideas?

Ctrl + F5

+1
even bought a new MBpro16 for this with 32gb memoryā€¦ the Safari popups are by the minute. Well, maybe not the minute. But very abundant.
And yes, Iā€™ve deselected the blockers on the website.

It would be very nice if this were to be investigated more thoroughly. Volunteer to assist in the testing.

Then again I do have a larger config by @KennethLavrsen 's definition :wink: so do fear upgrading to 106 somewhat.

No change for me.