0.66: VeSync switches, HomematicIP, and a group cover

![](upload://ho4A8pdwVPt9Z7VXqV97mV5yN75.png)

This is the first release with our new release schedule. During the extra week we had a total of 4 beta releases with a total of 26 fixes. So this should be the most stable release yet!

It’s also a release that is full of goodies. 80 people contributed over 223 fixes, improvements and new integrations during the last 2 weeks of this release 😎 I want to highlight the work of two people who are doing an amazing job: @NovapaX has been doing a great job triaging and fixing weird quirks and bugs in the frontend. And I want to give a shout out to @armills who has enabled backend translations. This means that a bunch of things that did not have translations yet, will now soon be translatable. We’re planning some cool things with this!

A quick note if you are using Philips Hue and a Hue custom component: it will no longer work due to the internal changes to the Hue platform. Remove the custom component to ensure that your Hue lights keep working.

New Platforms

If you need help…

…don’t hesitate to use our very active forums or join us for a little chat. The release notes have comments enabled but it’s preferred if you use the former communication channels. Thanks.

Reporting Issues

Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.

Breaking Changes

• Refactor Hue: If you specify a bridge in your config, the host key is now required and needs to be a valid ip address. Option allow_in_emulated_hue has been removed. Exclude the lights via the emulated hue config. Due to the internal changes of how the Hue integration works, any Hue custom component will no longer work. (@balloob - #13043) (hue docs) (light.hue docs) (breaking change)
  • Z-Wave: In version 0.47, the opt-in new_entity_ids configuration was added to Z-Wave to smooth the transition through the change. Support for old entity IDs is now removed, and the configuration is no longer necessary. If you are migrating from 0.63 or higher, your entity IDs will already be stored in the Entity Registry and no changes are required. If not, entity IDs can now be manually configured using the Entity Registry if necessary. (@armills - #12652) (zwave docs) (breaking change)
  • Spotcrime sensor: This update changes the sensor to require a user supplied API key as a configuration entry. The default key has been removed from the Spotcrime package and has also been modified to accept a user supplied API key.(@jcconnell - #12926) (sensor.spotcrime docs) (breaking change)
  • Smappee sensor: Fixed SI units for current consumption. Total consumption should be in kWh. not kW. (@vandenberghev - #13190) (sensor.smappee docs) (breaking change)
  • System monitor sensor: Used and available swap space reported by the system monitor component is now measured in MiB instead of GiB. (@DanNixon - #13148) (sensor.systemmonitor docs) (breaking change)
  • HomeKit: The pincode parameter is deprecated, since the HomeKit component will now generate one for you and display it as a persistence notification during setup. Additionally the default port changed to 51827 to avoid potential conflicts with homebridge. Lastly to fix a major bug, we needed to change the way accessory ids are generated. This means that in turn all previous accessory settings will need to be repeated. To avoid future conflicts, it is highly recommended to remove the Home Assistant Bridge from the Home app and repeat the setup process. (HomeKit Setup) (@cdce8p - #12997) (homekit docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)
  • Tibber: The name and the entity id for the Tibber sensor will now be the same as the nickname from the app. Default nick name is the address. So if you have not changed the nickname in the app, everything should be as before. (@clementhk - #13231) (sensor.tibber docs) (breaking change)
  • Darsky sensor: Fix the incorrect unit of measurement for the ‘Precip Intensity’ and ‘Daily Max Precip Intensity’ for IS units according to the dark sky api documentation.(@cgtobi - #13415) (sensor.darksky docs) (breaking change)
  • HomeMatic: Locks are now under the lock component (@PH89 - #11980) (homematic docs) (lock docs) (lock.homematic docs) (breaking change) (new-platform)

All changes

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2018/03/30/release-66/
3 Likes

I’m not able to pull the new image from Docker hub yet… am I just being impatient?

Disregard, I see now that there are build errors on Docker hub… Ill wait for the image to be updated! Thank you all for your hard work!

So the Google assistant sync update doesn’t seem live yet? there’s no documentation about it in the cloud docs and I cant see any front-facing changes to the system since updating to 0.66.

Am I missing something?

Having some issues with hue.hue_activate_scene since upgrading to 0.66. It works with two of my hue scenes, but not with the other four. Seems to be no particular reason why some work & some don’t

Not working…

hue_full:
    alias: Full
    sequence:
      - service: hue.hue_activate_scene
        data:
          group_name: "Living Room"
          scene_name: "Full"

Working…

hue_white:
    alias: White
    sequence:
      - service: hue.hue_activate_scene
        data:
          group_name: "Living Room"
          scene_name: "White"

Cheers,
James

EDIT: Seems that home assistant didn’t like my scene names because since I have changed the hue scene names from “Full” to “Living Room Full” they all work now.

It’s not live yet. We’re waiting for Google to publish the skill. We already passed certification and it’s being internally tested now.

1 Like

Is it me or have the Hue light colors changed? For some reason my light is now way more orange than it used to be prior to 0.66. Does this have anything to do with the refactor of phue -> aiohue?

I’m using the rgb_color and have extracted the appropriate values using scenegen.

Could be. The internal color representation has changed to hs color.

I had the same issue with my scenes using xy_color. I fixed it by changing to hs_color.

Limitlessled has stopped working since the 0.66 update.

Any ideas please?

Here is the error I’m getting:
Error while setting up platform limitlessled

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 82, in async_setup
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 358, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/limitlessled.py”, line 127, in setup_platform
‘fade’: group_conf[CONF_FADE]
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/limitlessled.py”, line 169, in init
from limitlessled.group.dimmer import DimmerGroup
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘limitlessled.group.dimmer’

EDIT:
If I delete the ‘deps’ folder from config, the limitlessled switches return but do not function.
After I restart HA, the deps folder remains empty, so the dependencies are not getting reinstalled. Anyway to force these dependencies to install/update please?

Seems like this change doesn’t play nice with profiles, which only accepts x/y colors.

So I requested an API key from Spotcrime, and was told they only give out API keys to commercial contracts. Is that the only option now - pay for a license?

The change to hs_color, where is this documented?

1 Like

I’m seeing that my NetAtmo module doesn’t even seem to try to load since going to 66. Plex Activity Monitor is also failing to load.

Anyone else having issues?

This?

Unable to prepare setup for platform sensor.netatmo: Could not setup all dependencies

Nope. If I include the sensor objects in my config for what entities I want, I get a message about them not being found. If I comment that out and just try to load the NetAtmo component, I get no message at all

Any news on the 0.66.1 docker image? it failed 2 days ago and has just been giving out dev builds ever since:

https://store.docker.com/community/images/homeassistant/home-assistant/builds

I too would like to know how to regenerate the dependencies (deps) directory. Does anyone know how/what to do?

Will the new Home Assistant Cloud integration with Google Assistant make the current “create your own Actions API Project” (https://www.home-assistant.io/components/google_assistant/) obsolete in favor of something much simpler? Because if so, that will make me sooo happy after I’ve fought for several days failing to get it working. :smiley:

It will be an alternative. But yes, a lot simpler. Just log in to HASS cloud, activate skill in Google Assistant and you’re done.