0.73: Preview version new user system, Rachio cloud push and Lovelace goes wild

Also still having problems with pollen.com in this release:

2018-07-08 13:00:53 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setting up sensor.pollen
2018-07-08 13:00:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] pollen: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 248, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 317, in async_device_update
yield from self.async_update()
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/sensor/pollen.py", line 186, in async_update
data = self.pollencom.data[self._category]['Location']
KeyError: 'allergy_index'

My config for this component is unchanged from 0.72.1, and still matches a “correct” config according to the documentation for the component. Oddly: one of the conditions I’m monitoring is “disease_average_forecasted”, and though that no longer shows up as an entity for me, I do now see “sensor.cold__flu_forecasted_average_2”, which would appear to be the same data under a different name; a name that is not listed in the documentation as a valid entity.

Please post a bug and we’ll take a look.

Fist, I love the new UI. The glance card is especially nice.

It would be really nice to be able to change font size especially on the aforementioned glance card as the names get shortened with only a few characters on my phone screen.

For the lock, the change to ‘lock/unlock’ does fix the ambiguity of the ‘on/off’ service, but it creates a new problem for me. I was using the switch as both the service to toggle on/off and as the sensor to see if it was on/off. In the current state, a locked door has the word UNLOCK and vice versa. This is confusing. I now have to create a sensor to show LOCKED and UNLOCKED. This is still confusing if I have both on the same card.

I think a color change of the locked and unlocked icons would fix this problem for me. The current icons are practically the same at-a-glance. With a color change, like the door and window binary sensors, it would be visually apparent.

1 Like

I fixed it by renaming my Rachio controller in their app.

Lol, this confused me for a good hour as I couldnt figure out why my door was unlocked.

how about finally supporting the new raspberry pi 3 B+. bought it months ago and its been gathering dust ever since…

rest of the stuff is OK I am just a little bit bitter about not supporting the newest pi…

It is supported in new HassOS https://twitter.com/pvizeli/status/1016720869702455300

1 Like

I have my Raspberry Pi 3 B+ running Home Assistant in a virtual environment after following the excellent documentation too.

1 Like

DHT Sensor not working.

2018-07-11 01:26:42 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package Adafruit_Python_DHT==1.3.2: Failed building wheel for Adafruit-Python-DHT
Command “/srv/homeassistant/bin/python3.6 -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=’/tmp/pip-install-96kyhhq0/Adafruit-Python-DHT/setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-record-t5blsd6_/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /srv/homeassistant/include/site/python3.6/Adafruit-Python-DHT” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-96kyhhq0/Adafruit-Python-DHT/
2018-07-11 01:26:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.requirements] Not initializing sensor.dht because could not install requirement Adafruit_Python_DHT==1.3.2
2018-07-11 01:26:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform sensor.dht: Could not install all requirements.

I have a question, to get the layout to show properly can any Jpg be used?

I haven’t made a layout.jpg yet but I have tried to get a picture to show just to experiment with it.

I love the new UI thanks to the devs for the work you all put in!

is it possible to mask the password?
is it possible to submit username & password upon pressing the “enter” key, so you don’t have to use mouse in order to click on the submit button?

Is anyone having problems with google mini being discovered in 0.73.0? I keep getting a “State not available”.

Hi, thanks for the great work!
I currently facing issues with packages for the dht and miflora (bluetooth) couldn’t find a change related to that issue. Does somebody know more about?