0.74: Tuya, Cloudflare DNS, Push Camera and Users UI

2018-07-21 11:17:52 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http] Experimental auth api enabled. Please use access_token instead api_password.

Nothing special, please open an issue in https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues and fill in all required section in issue template.

Good day. First of all thank you for this great product!
One question, once entirely migrated to this new users UI and with the API password gone; how will the components that use the API password access the system?
i.e. a saved picture for a notification an alexa custom briefing, etc.

1 Like

We will change those integrations to use new auth system before we remove api_password support. That will be a long journey.

1 Like

@awarecan thank you very much. So for the time being, we can migrate and the legacy API will continue to work until the future integration is complete?

I am using the new Auto and legacy api for ifttt and google assistant. It works seemlessly with those as well as the web GUI. I’m on HassOS.

Apologies for a really stupid question, but how do I display the image on my frontend with the new push camera?

EDIT:
It’s simply

camera.whatever_you_called_it

also, if someone else is struggling with the motioneye command, it should be

curl -X POST -F "image=@%f" http://my.hass.server.com:8123/api/camera_push/camera.WHAT_EVER_YOU_CALLED_IT

Didn’t think that was very clear in the docs.

ERROR during TUYA Setup

2018-07-21 19:36:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Error while setting up platform tuya
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 129, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 400, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 293, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 55, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/switch/tuya.py", line 48, in setup_platform
    config.get(CONF_LOCAL_KEY)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pytuya/__init__.py", line 249, in __init__
    super(OutletDevice, self).__init__(dev_id, address, local_key, dev_type)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pytuya/__init__.py", line 146, in __init__
    self.local_key = local_key.encode('latin1')
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'

If you want to use the tuya component in 0.74? If so, I think you should delete the tuya component in custom_component file. As I known, it will override the built-in one.

1 Like

Thank you, that was it, I forgot I had that setup and disabled during the trial days.

Is there any chance of getting the statistics from the switches?

image image

1 Like

Sorry, it doesn’t support currently

:+1:Thanks for making this a simple implementation.

With tuya components is there any way to remove the entity picture to use an icon instead?

Where do you buy Tuya products from?

Amazon is a good place in the UK don’t know for rest of the world.

I’m getting this error for HDMI-CEC.

Error during setup of component hdmi_cec
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 146, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/hdmi_cec.py", line 182, in setup
    adapter = CecAdapter(name=display_name[:12], activate_source=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pycec/cec.py", line 20, in __init__
    import cec
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'cec'

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/15406

I’m running Home Assistant from a Docker Container on a Synology nas.
I’ve pulled the 0.74.0 image last night and gave it a run.
Everything is working beautifully but I get some warnings in the dev-info panel, after enabling the auth: component.

My configuration.yaml is looking like this:

homeassistant:
  # Name of the location where Home Assistant is running
  name: !secret homeassistant_config_location_name
  # Location required to calculate the time the sun rises and sets
  latitude: !secret homeassistant_config_latitude
  longitude: !secret homeassistant_config_longitude
  # Impacts weather/sunrise data (altitude above sea level in meters)
  elevation: 0
  # metric for Metric, imperial for Imperial
  unit_system: metric
  # Pick yours from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones
  time_zone: !secret homeassistant_config_time_zone

auth_providers:
    - type: homeassistant
#   # Uncomment next line if you want to enable legacy API password support
#    - type: legacy_api_password

auth:

… and those pesky messages, are looking like this:

I own 3 x iPad Mini and 2 x iPhone, and on every one of them I went on and logged in with a previously created user & pass, then logged out and then back in without a hitch. Every time I clear the log, then issue a command (lets say, turn on a light) from an Apple device, those messages come right back (although the command executes fine).

What can I do to make those messages go away ? What am I doing wrong ?, Does someone else is having this issue ?, involving not only Apple devices, but it seems it affects cameras as well.

Thank You.

I am getting similar results,

0.74 here, configured it with new auth providers (kept the api_pass provider) but I receive similar log messages as above "Please change to use bearer token access … ". I have 2 users - me and my wife, both using the iOS app on iPhone, but when using the app, we get persistent notification for Failed Login Attempts from IP …which comes after 1 second of reloading from the HA logo screen. These notifications come if the iOS app was not used like for about 30 mins. (token expires I guess). If using the browser instead is fine and no such notifications. Maybe the iOS app needs a new version to accommodate the new auth features? Or I am missing something.