0.81: new Lovelace cards, LG soundbars, Dyson fans, Elk-M1

Sensibo for one. Anything that controls a split system should have it.

can anyone share a button card config sample? i have tried “button” or “button-card” but both don´t work.

Since 0.81 my Lovelace UI isn’t loading anymore:

These are my logs.
Don’t know what’s the problem…

2018-10-27 09:36:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.decorators] Unexpected exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/decorators.py", line 16, in _handle_async_response
    await func(hass, connection, msg)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 271, in websocket_lovelace_config
    load_config, hass.config.path(LOVELACE_CONFIG_FILE))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 145, in load_config
    for card in view.get('cards', []):
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
2018-10-27 09:37:11 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.decorators] Unexpected exception
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/decorators.py", line 16, in _handle_async_response
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 271, in websocket_lovelace_config
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 145, in load_config
2018-10-27 09:37:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.decorators] Unexpected exception
2018-10-27 09:38:51 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.decorators] Unexpected exception

And this is how my ui-lavelace.yaml looks at the moment.
I have some empty views as placeholders, cause it’s still wip.
Maybe that’s the problem?
But before 0.81 everything wors fine.
ui-lovelace.yaml (5,1 KB)

I’ve got the same happening with custom bignumber-card in a horizontal stack.

Thnx for the good work

unfortunately, after the update i got

Unsupported YAML, you can not use !secret in ui-lovelace.yaml

Maybe someone with an idea to solve it.

greetings justin

!include is no longer supported in lovelace.
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-polymer/issues/1836

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification!

I’d like to set up my UniFi Controller and use the new UniFi integration through Configuration-Integrations-UniFi Controller.

But I get the response ‘User input malformed’.

Host: 192.168.168.168
User name: bob
Password: *********
Port: 8443

Is there any special formatting required?

nah mate that looks right, i would make sure there are not any spaces at beginning or the end
of each item

That fixed 2 out of 3 sensors. Thanks.
I think the last one have to be updated manually because it crawls through multiple sensors looking for a an attribute (it’s checking all sensors with a batterylevel attribute etc.) Shouldn’t be a problem.

very rudimentary samples here https://home-assistant-lovelace-gallery.netlify.com/#demo-hui-entity-button-card

I can’t get this card to work correctly

Yup, me too but with a bunch of sensors and graphs. Outside the vertical-stack, fine. Inside - huge HTML dump on my page

1 Like

I’ve noticed that Home Assistant is rewriting my ui-lovelace.yaml file repeatedly - and it’s changing the file permissions and ownership.

Specifically, I had this file set up so its group was in users; every time I save the file, Home Assistant rewrites it changing the group to “homeassistant”. It is also removing the group +w flag.

This is unusual to say the least, and I am having to change my editing workflow as a result.

Its autogenerating id’s in my ui-lovelace files.
Ending with with this on each line # Automatically created id

I’m getting exactly the same with the sensor card within a vertical stack. Inside - big red yaml dump. Outside, everything is fine and the card displays as expected.

1 Like

I have added a thermostat card for my Tado climate entity, but nothing is displaying - not even an error, and there’s no error in my log file either.

1 Like

I am having issues with the custom gauge card which is horizontal stack type. It says in a red box "cannot read property ‘states’ of undefined

Yeah I’m not getting the new Thermostat card to display either for my Netatmo, thought it was just me. Look out for 0.81.1 soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m getting the same. It’s a real hassle to need to run chmod g+w ui-lovelace.yaml almost every time I make changes to the file. It’s not every time, it seems to happen when new cards have been added since this is triggering the creation of autogenerated ids. It seems a massive oversight if writing to the file is changing the permissions.

I’m also getting the “Cannot read property ‘states’ of undefined” error on all my views, since they all consist of a vertical-stack containing other cards, so my entire interface is a mess of red currently.

2 Likes

Remove the space between “user” and “name” in your config, so that it reads “username”