0.83: Fibaro Home Center Hubs, locks via voice, Traccar

In case anyone else was tearing their hair out; the Google Home Bluetooth device tracker was slowing my frontend down to a crawl, so badly that my hue bulbs were constantly unavailable and I couldn’t get much to work. After commenting it out everything went back to normal. Kind of a bummer, but what can you do?

i too am getting an error access the frontend. Mine might be stuck at setting up my nest cam.

Hi guys,
I’d like to update from 0.78.3, and just read out the “breaking changes”. Do not see any concern there, but are there any show stopper for such an upgrade ? I’m using mostly Z-wave, some RFXCom, Grafana.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

You have checked all the docs from 0.78 up to 0.83? If you are only looking at 0.83 docs, breaking changes is only going to show you changes from 0.82 to 0.83

updated to 0.83.3 and I get the same errors as my OP i.e.

WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http.ban] Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from XX.XXX.XXX.XXX

I have also added the legacy user as described and I found in the auth file that it already existed in the group.

Yeah, upgrade to .83.3 to fix

Anybody having success with AsusWRT using Telnet yet? I don’t want to sound rude towards the developers whose doing an amazing job. It’s just that I interpret updates and changelogs as asuswrt fixed, yet it’s not. I’m still stuck at 0.81.6 as my system heavily rely on this device tracker.

Just curious, the AsusWRT component also supports SSH. Is there a reason not to use that?

Have you added port: 23 to your asuswrt setup in configuration.yaml? That seems to have fixed telnet for many people.

Nope, still broken for me.

Not all routers support SSH

Yes, without it, it’s (was?) fully broken. With it, it works for 5-10 mins after reboot, then all devices are “away”

Whenever I try to update my hassio installation, throught the webinterface or by issueing hassio ha update, it updates and rolls back again. Any ideas?

18-12-04 20:29:05 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant to version 0.83.3
18-12-04 20:29:05 INFO (SyncWorker_17) [hassio.docker.interface] Update Docker 0.82.1 with homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant:0.83.3
18-12-04 20:29:05 INFO (SyncWorker_17) [hassio.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant tag 0.83.3.
18-12-04 20:35:28 INFO (SyncWorker_17) [hassio.docker.interface] Tag image homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant with version 0.83.3 as latest
18-12-04 20:35:28 INFO (SyncWorker_17) [hassio.docker.interface] Stop homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant Docker application
18-12-04 20:35:38 INFO (SyncWorker_17) [hassio.docker.interface] Clean homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant Docker application
18-12-04 20:35:39 INFO (SyncWorker_17) [hassio.docker.interface] Cleanup Docker images: ['homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant:0.82.1']
18-12-04 20:36:02 INFO (SyncWorker_7) [hassio.docker.homeassistant] Start homeassistant homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant with version 0.83.3
18-12-04 20:46:11 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Don't wait anymore of Home Assistant startup!
18-12-04 20:46:11 CRITICAL (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] HomeAssistant update fails -> rollback!
18-12-04 20:46:11 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant to version 0.82.1
18-12-04 20:46:11 INFO (SyncWorker_11) [hassio.docker.interface] Update Docker 0.83.3 with homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant:0.82.1
18-12-04 20:46:11 INFO (SyncWorker_11) [hassio.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant tag 0.82.1.
18-12-04 20:51:31 INFO (SyncWorker_11) [hassio.docker.interface] Tag image homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant with version 0.82.1 as latest
18-12-04 20:51:31 INFO (SyncWorker_11) [hassio.docker.interface] Stop homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant Docker application
18-12-04 20:51:34 INFO (SyncWorker_11) [hassio.docker.interface] Clean homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant Docker application
18-12-04 20:51:34 INFO (SyncWorker_11) [hassio.docker.interface] Cleanup Docker images: ['homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant:0.83.3']
18-12-04 20:51:56 INFO (SyncWorker_3) [hassio.docker.homeassistant] Start homeassistant homeassistant/raspberrypi2-homeassistant with version 0.82.1
18-12-04 20:55:39 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Detect a running Home Assistant instance
18-12-04 20:55:39 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Successful run Home Assistant 0.82.1

hello, i updated ot 0.83.3 and get this error, lovelace ui is not loading. does anyone know what could be wrong? :slight_smile:

Unexpected exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/decorators.py", line 16, in _handle_async_response
    await func(hass, connection, msg)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 476, in send_with_error_handling
    result = await func(hass, connection, msg)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 508, in websocket_lovelace_config
    return await hass.async_add_executor_job(load_config, hass)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 160, in load_config
    for card in view.get('cards', []):
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

I get the same. No errors when checking config through UI or SSH, no errors in log. I get a warning though, that the database needs an update. I have tried deleting it, so that HASS creates a new DB, but no luck.

Updating from 82.1

@WonderMoose Do either of you use owntracks?

I’ve been using Owntracks and publishing to my own MQTT server for a while, and I don’t want to open my HA to the internet, so I’d like to continue to use MQTT. The docs say that owntracks will continue to monitor MQTT, and it does appear to get location updates. However, whenever I restart my homeassistant (which is more often than I’d like because of the ongoing cast bug), all of my device_trackers now shortly revert to an unknown location (the latitude and longitude attributes disappear entirely). As each device re-updates its location, the HA picks it up and everything continues fine. Note that they don’t disappear immediately after a reboot, but within 10 minutes every device will have lost its location.

This is quite annoying as I have automations when people leave and return, so rebooting leads to everything getting triggered.

Also, some of my device_trackers are running under Android, so I can send a remote command to force them to update. However, the ios version of owntracks doesn’t appear to support remote commands, so those trackers won’t update again until I either push them manually or they move.

Yep, using owntracks. NOT able to figure out, how the changes mentioned in the release notes, affects an already running OwnTracks. As far as I read, it only says far easier to setup.

You need to remove the platform: owntracks from device tracker. You then use configuration > integrations in the UI to add owntracks to your config.

1 Like

Anyone else have issues where Asuswrt marks devices as Home even after the device has left for hours. Mine seems to take a long time to mark the devices as away. I seem to have worse luck with iOS devices rather than android so it may have something to do with that but not sure.