0.86: New Lovelace UI and Zigbee Management Panel!

Lovelace is a huge improvement on the UI, I used it from the beginning and never looked back

3 Likes

Can’t please all of the ppl all of the time. I’m not from a “coding” background but am fairly confident in doing it and I find the coding community very divided almost to a point of bigoted towards certain languages or install types to a point that they refuse to try anything outside of their bubble. Looking from the outside in and coming from an engineering background things are always going to change embrace it I say and learn to love something new.

1 Like

Mine just got updated on docker and for some HA won’t start back up. Anybody else experienced that issue so far

The default has simply been switched. You aren’t “forced” to use it.

This insta-rager thing is old and played out.

7 Likes

Oh neat. That gives me a little more time to sort out my Custom UI Tiles. Thanks for pointing it out.

Tried the lovelace editor but get an error when I save, I do use the customize.yaml to change names etc

EDIT: Seems renaming my old ui-lovelace.yaml solved this issue

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/decorators.py", line 17, in _handle_async_response
    await func(hass, connection, msg)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 149, in send_with_error_handling
    result = await func(hass, connection, msg)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 177, in websocket_lovelace_save_config
    await hass.data[DOMAIN].async_save(msg['config'])
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/lovelace/__init__.py", line 104, in async_save
    self._data['config'] = config
TypeError: 'NoneType' object does not support item assignment

Not sure how you got Lovelace into this state, but we’ll guard for it with 86.1.

I get this error after updating to 0.86

i2019-01-24 02:34:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
File “/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1103, in async_call
raise ServiceNotFound(domain, service) from None
homeassistant.exceptions.ServiceNotFound: (ServiceNotFound(…), ‘Service persistent_notification.create not found’)

I still haven’t done anything with the persistant notifications in my setup so I don’t really need them atm, however I do wish to use it in the future. What could be wrong? It worked fine on 0.85.1 (and below) but for some reason it won’t load. I have checked the breaking changes, but can’t find anything related to this. What is even more crazy is that the beta version of 0.86 did not have this problem.

EDIT: Never mind, I had one entity left which had an underscore, apparently it didn’t want to load without that being taken care of first.

1 Like

It looks like my ui-lovelace.yaml was somehow erased on install and frontend was trying to use groups.yaml to build lovelace config. I went ahead and wrote a new ui-lovelace.yaml file and pasted my old contents and all was good.

Anyone else having issues reloading groups after an edit? If so, i’ll log an issue…

Goodbye then, for the rest of us we are happy with the direction of the project and appreciate the effort the Devs go to.

8 Likes

Just realised I can remove the group toggles in the Lovelace editor. :blush: But still, group reload doesn’t seem to work.

Pretty sure the old style idea of groups is not the same in Lovelace. Just a browser refresh should work, that’s the beauty of Lovelace

Ahh I see, that would explain it. Thanks!

I love the demos. Now I can show it to some friends to get them interested in Home Assistant.

4 Likes

getting an error with asuswrt component: (0.86.0)

Log Details (ERROR)
Thu Jan 24 2019 15:39:17 GMT+1000 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)

Error during setup of component asuswrt
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 145, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/asuswrt.py", line 61, in async_setup
    await api.connection.async_connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aioasuswrt/connection.py", line 66, in async_connect
    self._client = await asyncssh.connect(self._host, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/misc.py", line 182, in __await__
    return (yield from self._coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 5454, in connect
    conn, _ = yield from create_connection(None, host, port, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 5110, in create_connection
    yield from auth_waiter
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 627, in data_received
    while self._inpbuf and self._recv_handler():
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 847, in _recv_packet
    processed = handler.process_packet(pkttype, seq, packet)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/packet.py", line 215, in process_packet
    self._packet_handlers[pkttype](self, pkttype, pktid, packet)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 1414, in _process_kexinit
    self._kex = get_kex(self, kex_alg)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/kex.py", line 122, in get_kex
    return handler(alg, conn, hash_alg, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/kex_ecdh.py", line 47, in __init__
    self._priv = ecdh_class(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/crypto/curve25519.py", line 31, in __init__
    self._priv_key = x25519.X25519PrivateKey.generate()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/x25519.py", line 39, in generate
    _Reasons.UNSUPPORTED_EXCHANGE_ALGORITHM
cryptography.exceptions.UnsupportedAlgorithm: X25519 is not supported by this version of OpenSSL.

I am seeing wemo group not loaded…

Also, flic button stopped to work…

will try to debug but these are error log I saw so far

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
9:45 PM /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py (ERROR)
9:39 PM components/device_tracker/tile.py (ERROR)

Error handling message: {‘type’: ‘cloud/subscription’, ‘id’: 44}
8:55 PM components/cloud/http_api.py (ERROR)
Received invalid command: webhook/list
8:55 PM components/websocket_api/connection.py (ERROR)
8:53 PM helpers/entity_platform.py (ERROR)

Thank you. Will it be possible to manage xiaomi via native component?

I haven’t moved to lovelace yet. Since lovelace is default UI now does it mean when upgrading to 0.86 my GUI will automatically adapt to lovelace?

It doesn’t really look like that, so what’s the best way to now move to Lovelace after upgared to 0.86

where were they reported?
on the github page?

Yes, the bugs I was referring to have been reported here: Issues · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

Is this still the official place for Lovelace bug reports?