0.86: New Lovelace UI and Zigbee Management Panel!


#284

Well I guess that explains the pedantry in the MQTT thread and here…


#285

But software writing, documentation and configuration is an exercise in pedantry.


#286

Another update, Another need to recode all my automations.

It seems like every time I upgrade, I have to record all my automations. :frowning:

I feel like this should be a pretty simple automation:

  • id: ‘1546953543982’
    alias: Manage the Relay Fan
    trigger:
  • entity_id: switch.water_heater
    platform: state
  • entity_id: group.radiators
    platform: state
    condition: []
    action:
  • data:
    entity_id: script.set_relay_fan_status
    service: script.turn_on

It used to work perfectly. Turned the fan on and off when the state of either switch.water_heater or group.radiators was changed in any way. But now the automation refuses to even trigger.

Any insight anyone can offer would be very welcome.


#287

I have tried adding the same automation again and it worked. So did some more playing and if I rename (nothing else) the automation, it starts working again.

If I re-nae it again back to what it was, it does nto work.

I’m talking about this:

“Heating 2” vs. “Heating”

:-/


#289

I concede to a small modicum of pedantry in this case. The MQTT thread, not so much. If you’re authoring software, it’s not OK to go around arbitrarily inverting your logic. Imagine English wasn’t your first language and you had to translate? Even worse, imagine English wasn’t even your second language and you had to rely on machine translation!


#290

OK, you need to properly format your code for the forum. see the box way up top.

Then we might be able to help you better.


#291

I finally got GPS Logger working.

I was careful following the docs, GPSLogger was sending fine, but I couldn’t get HA receiving the data.

The thing that fixed it was letting the default %SER identify the device in the string instead of using the optional %DEVICE_NAME as it says you can. I also tried hardcoding the device name, but for whatever reason only %SER ever logged in HASS. Had to reconfigure everything to use the new device_tracker.12345678 entity id, but works great now.