0.87: SmartThings, Areas and Entity Registry UI.

if it uses mqtt then it was mentioned in breaking changes

In the docs text, there is link for API reference, for specific functions, I think that’s what you are looking:

https://yeelight.readthedocs.io/en/stable/yeelight.html#flow-objects

Are you referring to this??

• MQTT platforms will now flag mistyped configs from configuration.yaml correctly as invalid, instead of just ignoring them. (@emontnemery - #20562) (mqtt docs) (breaking change)

yes if sonoff bridge uses mqtt

Hrrmm. OK. I didn’t get from that listing that retain flags and optimistic would be breaking.

you need to check the mqtt docs to see if the same mqtt options are now valid. it may not be retain or optimistic settings

Whilst testing the 87 beta i found that the On_command_type is no longer a valid option for my mqqt json lights.

Oh seems like area has to be created via UI only. Adding things to area is via the integration panel.
Hopefully there will be a way to add via yaml, I’m always a bit sceptical about UI as I have the impression that whatever I configure via UI is not portable and yaml can be taken to different installation or shared.

1 Like

Isn’t UI-created stuff portable, but kept “deeper”? In .storage or smthn, within HassOS…

Hi, With 0.87, asuswrt working for me with no issues. Sensors detected and working normally.

This is my config:

Blockquote
asuswrt:
host: 192.168.0.1
username: !secret router_user
password: !secret router_password
sensors:
- download_speed
- upload_speed

I’m coming across an issue with the new QR code component. Its giving me a lot of errors in the log relating to connection to the camera (not at home so can’t add exact error). Can only use one camera per image processing platform? I have the same camera used for face detection and would like to use it for the QR code component too. Maybe this is whats causing the issue.

That’s the link I was referring to which doesn’t explain the syntax for the HA integration…

1 Like

Whats unclear there ? You provide array of transitions, their api is in the docs, also some samples are in the docs ? Under the hood, HA integration passes declared array of transitions to yeelight lib.

Great update! Like all others of course. I love the utility_meter. Turned my 1500 line package file comprised of input numbers, templates and automations into about 70 lines… Great Job guys keep up the good work I am thoroughly enjoying Home Assistant and the many things it can do. Cant wait for future updates to see what else HA can bring. Thank you again.

1 Like

FYI, people can be (any maybe should be?) running the " Check Home Assistant configuration" addon (if using Hass.IO).

This addon will check check whether your configuration files are valid against the new version of Home Assistant before you actually update your Home Assistant installation. This add-on will help you avoid errors due to breaking changes, resulting in a smooth update.

It caught a bunch of those changes to MQTT switches, sensors, and lights for me.

Does it reply in any form so i can use the output with node-red to create a notification if i need to check some thing before i update?

Nice to see Danfoss Air as a part of the components.
Does anyone know if there is a request for the Danfoss Icon (Floorheating)?

I have an Abode security system tied to an alarm-panel card in Lovelace. Prior to this update it didn’t display a keypad but now on 0.87 it does. Is there any way to hide that or do I need to download a custom card for that?

There are common responses you could look for, such as “Invalid config” however the results are displayed in the addon log.
I’m not sure how you would get that into NodeRed.
I’m sure you could build a new addon that did the same thing, taking the source of the current one, then grep the results for “Invalid config” and post how many occurances of it there are to MQTT or something. But that’s all above my skill level.

Hopefully the SmartThings hub can integrate the Samsung Robot Vacuums in a future update as well.
:crossed_fingers:

I have some issues with my zigbee2mqtt Xiaomi (QBKG12LM) switch.
Some json key necessary for this switch is not allowed anymore (command_topic_prefix):

Feb 07 15:38:01 raspberrypi2 hass[2084]: 2019-02-07 15:38:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.switch] Exception in async_discover when dispatching ‘mqtt_discovery_new_switch_mqtt’: ({‘name’: ‘0x00158d00024f0e7f_switch_left’, ‘unique_id’: ‘0x00158d00024f0e7f_switch_left_zigbee2mqtt’, ‘command_topic_prefix’: ‘left’, ‘platform’: ‘mqtt’, ‘device’: {‘name’: ‘0x00158d00024f0e7f’, ‘model’: ‘Aqara double key wired wall switch (QBKG12LM)’, ‘manufacturer’: ‘Xiaomi’, ‘sw_version’: ‘Zigbee2mqtt 1.1.1’, ‘identifiers’: ‘zigbee2mqtt_0x00158d00024f0e7f’}, ‘payload_on’: ‘ON’, ‘availability_topic’: ‘zigbee2mqtt/0x00158d00024f0e7f/availability’, ‘payload_off’: ‘OFF’, ‘command_topic’: ‘zigbee2mqtt/0x00158d00024f0e7f/left/set’, ‘value_template’: ‘{{ value_json.state_left }}’, ‘state_topic’: ‘zigbee2mqtt/0x00158d00024f0e7f’},)
Feb 07 15:38:01 raspberrypi2 hass[2084]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Feb 07 15:38:01 raspberrypi2 hass[2084]: File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/mqtt/switch.py”, line 66, in async_discover
Feb 07 15:38:01 raspberrypi2 hass[2084]: config = PLATFORM_SCHEMA(discovery_payload)
Feb 07 15:38:01 raspberrypi2 hass[2084]: File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py”, line 267, in call
Feb 07 15:38:01 raspberrypi2 hass[2084]: return self._compiled(, data)
Feb 07 15:38:01 raspberrypi2 hass[2084]: File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py”, line 589, in validate_dict
Feb 07 15:38:01 raspberrypi2 hass[2084]: return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
Feb 07 15:38:01 raspberrypi2 hass[2084]: File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py”, line 427, in validate_mapping
Feb 07 15:38:01 raspberrypi2 hass[2084]: raise er.MultipleInvalid(errors)
Feb 07 15:38:01 raspberrypi2 hass[2084]: voluptuous.error.MultipleInvalid: extra keys not allowed @ data[‘command_topic_prefix’]

Any idea what can be done?