0.90: Remote UI, Streams, User Groups

In the state of the Union balloob stated (repeated in a recent podcast) that 1.0 will come when it is possible to fully configure a system via the GUI (not all features and options but a minimally working system) - without any YAML work (always will remain an option though). It does not follow that the release after 0.99 will be 1.0. Balloob also said he believes we are very close to this now.

2 Likes

From what I’m seeing, the new time of flight sensor requires a direct i2c connection to the device running HA, is that correct? Is there an way to make it work remotely?

If version 1.00 comes after 0.99, then the “1.” has no meaning, it’s just another number like any other. Instead, software often uses some form of Semantic Versioning. So no one knows what number 1.0 comes after. 1.0 will come when the requirements for 1.0 (as defined by Paulus and friends) are complete.

1 Like

Attach it to an esp device, espurna supports it. https://github.com/xoseperez/espurna

It could be a good thing to suggest to OttoWinter to include in esphome.

1 Like

Upgrading from 89.2 seemed to work fine but then all of my zigbee devices ended up losing connectivity after a day or two. ZHA has been incredibly solid for me up to this point. Anyone have any ideas or tips that I may have missed in the notes on anything that needs to be done after upgrade?

It’s an old change in HA, people are still waiting for that PR to be rolled back… without a hope :\

2 Likes

You don’t HAVE to update every time there is a release. If what you have works, then just leave it alone. Come back in 6 months or so and spend a weekend updating to whatever is current then.

HA is great in that new features that allow me to do more and more with home automation are being added at a rapid pace. This rapid pace is allowing them to get out of the “enthusiast” mode and into more user friendly mode.

And they already have a published release cycle: It’s every two weeks on Wednesdays. You should never be “surprised”

1 Like

I do love the User Groups and how it will hide the config menu because I have a few people that need access to my UI but I do not want all of them to be able to change, or remove the Automatons and Scripts I have made. So thank you for that :slight_smile:

I would like to suggest that you add Hass.io menu hidden for the Group “user” as well. Otherwise they can mess with the MQTT service among other things. It would be nice to lock down the UI changes for “user” as well until individual account UIs can be made.

Until then, if anyone has a good way to hide the Hass.io menu option for “user”, or even all accounts, I would love to try it.

I have the same message for days now, never was in other state. @SadGamerGeek where did you see those errors ?

Lets hope it doesn’t follow Microsoft’s versioning.

Home Assistant 1.0
Home Assistant 3.1
Home Assistant 95
Home Assistant XP
Home Assistant 7
Home Assistant 10
(I’m sure I missed some in there)

How could you miss the awesome Windows 8.

That is something better fit for for-profit business. The important one is S, e.g. support, that is not an easy job for contributor to backport their changes to some long term supported branch.

@AZDane

There’s no need to roll back the PR. The warning message legitimately indicates the entity has failed to convert the received payload into a valid state. The solution is to improve the entity’s value_template so it always returns a valid state.

I provided two examples in this post.

That was a bad update. Got there eventually though.
MariaDB and Mosquitto both had problems after the update.
Had to reinstall MariaDB.
Had to restart the MQTT broker a few times before it would use HA user authentication correctly.

You particularly missed the best ever, Windows ME.

This doesn’t even make any sense… Not doubting you and others have reported this as well… but why?

Yeah I’m not sure why.

I tried updating HassOS -> v2.11, and the addon it self to the latest version. That didn’t seem to help unless the broker restart after updating those two did the trick. :man_shrugging:

Thanks 123. I will try your solution

I hesitated for a week before updating from 0.89.0 to 0.90.1
Had to do nothing at all after that.
However, our configs may be different - I use internal database engine and Mosquitto add-on.
Even managed to disable its allegedly insecure 1883 port (just for fun)

and Vista!