087.0 Smartthings config problem

I’m trying to switch from MQTT/Smartthings to the Smartthings component. When I click on the app in the Smartthings Classic app to install it, all I get is a message saying “Something went wrong." I’m open the the internet using SSL with port forwarding. Every other integration that needed access to the internet is working. Anyone know how to fix this?

I’m having the same issue @Allanon

After I get the “Something went wrong” error, I notice that if I go back out to my SmartApps that there is a Home Assistant smart app there but if I click it, it just says an error occurred. At first I couldn’t figure out how to delete the SmartApp thinking I would try again. To delete the SmartApp, I had to go to the new Smartthings app and it shows up there. If you click the three dots in the top right it allows you to select delete and then you can delete the SmartApp. Having said that, When I go back into add the SmartApp again, I get the “Something went wrong” error again :frowning: That’s as far as I’ve been able to get. Anyone else figure out a way to get this to work?

1 Like

I just had an idea as I was typing that last post. I was trying to add the SmartApp while I was connected to my wifi. I disconnected from my wifi and tried it again, and now it works. Try that @Allanon

5 Likes

Schocker,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it after I turned off the wifi but I’m still getting the “Something went wrong” error.

Do you know if the smart app was already created before you turned off wifi and tried? If the old SmartApp exists then it might error out again. Trying to think of other options you can try…

I too am having issues getting this to work.

Has anyone successful integrated with ST via HA?

I’m not sure what I did, but it finally started working. I did use the new SmartThings app to remove the Home Assistant smart app. I had to do that a few times, finally after one of them, it started working.

Being on WiFi when I tried to add the HA SmartApp ended up being my problem as well. I was getting the “Something went wrong” error message in the SmartThings app. I disconnected from WiFi and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the suggestion!!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Everything goes well until I try to add the smartthings app. Tried deleting in new app and re-adding in classic. Same issue. Tried on wifi, off wifi, on a different wifi. Nothing seems to work to install the app.

What worked for me finally was opening 443 on my router and mapping to 8123 on my HA Pi. Also had port removed from base_url in configuration.yaml.

I was finally able to get past the “Something went wrong” issue. I used my wife’s phone to complete the setup. I have a Galaxy S8+ on Pie, she has a Google Pixel (OG). Logged in to smartthings app on her phone clicked to add the smartapp and bam, no more “Something Went Wrong” error.

This issue has been killing me. I finally found this thread and it saved my life.

If you want this suggestion of turning off your WiFi to work, this is what I have found to be the easiest.

Tail your log file for HA (tail -f /path/to/homeassistant.log).
Attempt to add the first Home Assistant smart app on your phone. If you see a message in the log file like "WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.webhook] Received message for unregistered webhook ", click the next Home Assistant smart app in the list. Keep doing this until the one you click on does not generate an error in the log file. This one is the one that will work once you disconnect from your WiFi.

I have had this work several times. You can click on one that errors in your log file a million times and it will never work.

That worked for me to

Try launching ‘Terminal’,
cd /config/.storage
rm smartthings

Deleting the 'smartthings file and re-running the add SmartThings integration module resolved this for me.

The remnants of my NabuCasa account associated with smartthings was in the ‘smartthings’ file.