2 button Jasco remote (37792 / ZW5307)

I got this remote and to get it to work, I had to modify the ZWave config file to include this:

<CommandClass id="91" name="COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE" version="1" request_flags="4" innif="true" scenecount="0">
	<Instance index="1" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="0" label="Scene Count" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="1" label="Button One" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="2" label="Button Two" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0" />
</CommandClass>

After this change it works great!
This was based on the “Z-Wave Device Specific Settings” page, which doesn’t include that remote.
Should it be added to that page? If it should, what is the proper way of requesting it to be added?

1 Like

Anyone can edit the documentation, so feel free to add it.

Where did you purchase this remote? I haven’t seen it available yet, only the non-central scene versions.

I got it here (I’m in Canada): https://www.aartech.ca/37792/jasco-zwave-plus-hub-controller-remote-2-button.html
My the shipment was significantly delayed, and I was told that it’s because of some issues with their partner in the US, so I’m assuming it should be available there as well.

I actually really like it. It comes with nice stickers with various icons for the buttons (like lock/unlock, lamp, moon, sun, all on, all off, etc.). And it works great, I like the multi-click operation much better than holding the buttons (like on some other remotes). The included mounting plate is nice, fits great with existing decora plates, and it’s magnetic making it easy to remove the remote.

OK, I was able to found that site via Google (DDG wans’t listing it). Seems to be the only place selling it, which is strange! All of the other newer GE remotes use association groups instead of Central Scene, so I was surprised to see this one.

How does this work? Does it add a switch within HA so that you can control any other device within HA?

After reading some more, it looks like it add scenes (up to 6), which I guess could be used to create a template switch.

I’m not sure how you would want to use that remote to build a template switch…
Clicking the buttons on the remote generates ‘zwave.scene_activated’ event, that carries scene_id and scene_data in event_data, with values describing which button was clicked and how many times. You can use that as automation triggers and run whatever you want…

This device does NOT get recognized at all in ZWave-JS, even if the database seems to indicate that it is supported. Manufacturer and Model are both unknown in HA.
https://devices.zwave-js.io/ Any idea?

I no longer have that device, and I don’t know if changes in zwave config are still needed with zwave-js (or how to make them), so I can’t really help. I would start with checking if there is a zwave-js equivalent of changes described in my first post.

Right. Thanks. I checked and it looks like Command Class “91” has NOT been implemented in the configuration file of the new ZWave-JS. :frowning: This is the link: https://github.com/zwave-js/node-zwave-js/blob/ec2757843b4acb8c7947ded92f1d20deb6552466/packages/config/config/devices/0x0063/37792_zw5307.json

ZWave-JS supports Central Scene CC (91). Implementation isn’t usually determined by what’s in the config file, it’s based on what zwave-js discovers about that node when it interviews it.

Ah, good to know. But the device is NOT recognized even if it’s in the database… Thanks!

It is being recognized now with ZWaveJS2MQTT.