20+ 1-wire devices

I just ordered the ESP8266 NodeMCU V2 this morning.

I don’t know or connecting it to the ESP8266 is simmular to connecting to the RP with the 1-wire driver, but that does not work for me. It hangs sometimes right away and sometimes between a few minutes and a few days.

I’m not sure about the Rpi, but for the ESP8266 you should try wiring up the sensors like this:

1 Like

With the RP the same, connected to GPIO4

I think that should work. It’s what I would do if I would be setting up onewire…

1 Like

Connected everything fisically, but not 100% clear what en how to setup ESP8266 nodeMCU
There is something about a native api for both HASS and ESP8266

Hello I have been trying for 2 days to read, just 2 ds18b20 sensors, and publish to my MQTT broker I have tried many different sketches with no success, when I upload a sketch just to read the sensors it works just fine. I just tried the above code and get, invalid conversion from ‘char*’ to ‘int’ [-fpermissive]

wondering if someone has a working code? Thanks

How did you manage to get 24 sensors working on your RPI? I don’t get more than 10 sensors working, and after some googling, I noticed that 1 wire is limited to support only 10 sensors.

Can you please elaborate about your hardware and the connections? Do you got all 24 sonsors to one GPIO of the Pi? What resistor do you use? Is your Node-Red on the Pi or do you run it externally?

Sorry for the late reacton.

I moved and don’t use the sensors (and rp) anymore

Kind regards