2021.6: A little bit of everything

thanks for the help, i did check for updates on the intergration, but for some reason it failed to copy.
Now it is working

another thing in the frontend (and attributes) is that logbook has many entities without icon, while clicking that entity shows the correct icon:

they are customized, as are many others that show just fine, so figure thats not the issue, especially since the more-info shows correctly.

I had the same problem, my logs were flooded with errors about the recorder component. They were permission related (create table statements) by the looks of the logs.
I just stopped Home Assistant in Docker, then restarted the MariaDB container, then started Home Assistant again and all was working.

Hi @farmio. Could you please give an example on how to create a template sensor for brightness values, as those are not available as attributes. Also the same for rain, wind and day/night binary values.

I had the same issue.
Go to

and get version 1.16.1 with the updated manifest.json.
You are using 1.16.0, aren’t you?

1 Like

[SOLVED]

Download the last version from GitHub - AlexxIT/SonoffLAN: Control Sonoff Devices with eWeLink (original) firmware over LAN and/or Cloud from Home Assistant, then into the configuration.yaml use this format:

sonoff:
username: [email protected]
password: mypassword
mode: local
reload: always # update device list every time HA starts

The switch work on cloud and on LAN simultaneously.

Good luck!

Don’t know how this works. Just create normal knx sensors and you’ll be fine.

Upgraded today 2021.6.0 and I’m noticing delay in history graphs being loaded.

I think the way to change things for everyone and then say: If you want to have the direct view back again, you as a user have to build this on your own and provdie a PR, esp. the once, who are technical not able to do so, is not the best way.

It was there, I didn’t see many complains for this. No someone, perhaps only a single one, decided, that he want this now collapsed and implemented this nor for everyone, not selectable. Good choice? No.

I have a WSL2 technical question. Are Z-Wave stick supported on Windows? I thought WSL2 did not permit access to USB devices except possibly for SSDs.

General consensus +1
This option also affects the more-info-card. I want to display attributes in the front end, not press a button to display them. Sorry mate, huge step backwards.

template them

If you want the information in attributes, they should probably not be an attribute, but a standalone entity.

If that’s true, just run the zwave js server directly in windows, that’s what I do for my dev box. Never bothered trying it in wsl tbh.

1 Like

and @nibblerrick

You should update to using the hass-variables integration forked and now maintained by @Wibias.

the original by rogro82 hasn’t been updated in over 2 years.

What do you want to express with “…”?

sorry, but this is at least arguable. (ok, you said ‘probably’… I know)

An entity having several attributes is a very nice way of symbolizing/visualizing they are related, and are not separate entities at all. Besides that, eg battery_level/state simply is what it is, an attribute, of that device (motion sensor).

Why the new dogma “if you care for it that much, it must be a separate entity (and create it yourself)”

core HA template sensors even added the attribute_template not that long ago, simply to collect related attributes on another entity. Which is heavily appreciated here, and used I must add.

Since I’ve learned to choose my battles, I don’t oppose the new attributes box (I like it and don’t mind the 1 click at all), but blink my eyes at the chosen selection of displayed/filtered attributes in that box.

Making that an option though would most certainly add to the HA experience in the Frontend. Let the user decide if an certain attribute has value to his/her use case. heck, why not add that to customize on a per attribute base. (include/exclude, like eg in recorder/history/etc)

Having to go all the way to the developer-tools/state to see the true state of affairs bring back memories of ancient times tbh, while it could be, just as you stated above, 1 click away.

1 Like

Did I say to create it yourself?

This should be done in the integration, and battery_level/state is great! examples of attributes that should be separate entities, they would all tie into the same device, but be separate.

When attributes are standalone entities, there are no longer (2 not 1) click(s) to see them, but 0 :tada: they are “just there”

3 Likes

How can i use the new sensor from the BMW Intergation ?

Thanks a lot guys!