2021.6: A little bit of everything

No. I tried 1.1.2 and it breaks the layout of all entity cards
They start wrapping down on next line and the whole thing becomes a mess. I can repeatedly trigger the bug by adding and removing the component

Looks like this update has completely nuked the Ecovacs integration. It doesn’t even come up in the “Add Integrations” search anymore.

I have no idea if it was related but right after I updated I attempted to set up a Tradfri shortcut button using a blueprint and shortly after all of my automations were gone as well as the option to select automations in the configuration tab. Restored to 2021.5.5 and all is well… I may re-try after a day or two to see if anyone else has similar issues.

Oh yes. I have heavy filtering to keep database small. It is currently 187 MB.

That is correct (in most cases). If the coordinator triggers an update, all entities related/listening/derived from the same data will update their state as well.

1 Like

I agree… I’m using an old Deebot integration and it can’t find it anymore.

I think your memory is off, it’s never been in the integration list. Only configurable through configuration.yaml.

Did the update kill old browser support?
Like safari from ios 9.3.6?
Slow, but It was working before this update, and I was using for simple switching my devices.
Specifically, the login screen doesn’t appear.
Precisely, it goes to the login screen, gives a short “initializing” message, then that disappears,
and no field for username, password shows up. The page just stays blank.

Looked at timestamps from Philips Hue Motion sensor versus the same sensor by MQTT. Philips Hue integration is now reporting a bit faster than MQTT. Thank you for all the hard work, I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Indeed Var and Variable custom components stopped working and I use the Variable component a lot, I ended up restoring back the old version and will not upgrade until a solution is found. Too sad

Cheers

No issues to report on 3 systems :+1:

Seems like the IotaWatt integration is broken now

Cool!
But with the feature “Collapsed attributes”, I don’t think it’s a good choice for those entities with only 1 or 2 attributes.

Mine is working. Do you have the latest version 3.10.5? Mine is installed through HACS if that helps.

Unless the Dev of those integrations doesn’t add the required version and update the integration, have a look at this post about modifying it yourself to get it working.

Thanks mate, I will give a try and let you know. Cheers

• @balloob and @bdraco have been working on replacing date/time/timezone handling in Home Assistant. Right on time.

This broke on my machine (Windows, Python)… Got a ValueError for time_zone… Even though the time_zone is right… I suspect it has something to do with them changing to a UNIX only package for timezone? Reverting back to 2021.5.5 boots just fine…

2021-06-02 19:27:43 ERROR (MainThread) [root] Uncaught exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\programdata\miniconda3\envs\homeassistant\lib\runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
    return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
  File "c:\programdata\miniconda3\envs\homeassistant\lib\runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "C:\ProgramData\Miniconda3\envs\homeassistant\Scripts\hass.exe\__main__.py", line 7, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "c:\programdata\miniconda3\envs\homeassistant\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\__main__.py", line 314, in main
    exit_code = runner.run(runtime_conf)
  File "c:\programdata\miniconda3\envs\homeassistant\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\runner.py", line 118, in run
    return asyncio.run(setup_and_run_hass(runtime_config))
  File "c:\programdata\miniconda3\envs\homeassistant\lib\asyncio\runners.py", line 44, in run
    return loop.run_until_complete(main)
  File "c:\programdata\miniconda3\envs\homeassistant\lib\asyncio\base_events.py", line 616, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "c:\programdata\miniconda3\envs\homeassistant\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\runner.py", line 104, in setup_and_run_hass
    hass = await bootstrap.async_setup_hass(runtime_config)
  File "c:\programdata\miniconda3\envs\homeassistant\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\bootstrap.py", line 165, in async_setup_hass
    await async_from_config_dict(
  File "c:\programdata\miniconda3\envs\homeassistant\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\bootstrap.py", line 228, in async_from_config_dict
    await conf_util.async_process_ha_core_config(hass, core_config)
  File "c:\programdata\miniconda3\envs\homeassistant\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\config.py", line 508, in async_process_ha_core_config
    await hass.config.async_load()
  File "c:\programdata\miniconda3\envs\homeassistant\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\core.py", line 1716, in async_load
    self._update(
  File "c:\programdata\miniconda3\envs\homeassistant\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\core.py", line 1696, in _update
    self.set_time_zone(time_zone)
  File "c:\programdata\miniconda3\envs\homeassistant\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\core.py", line 1663, in set_time_zone
    raise ValueError(f"Received invalid time zone {time_zone_str}")
ValueError: Received invalid time zone America/Vancouver

An effort should be made to avoid UNIX/LINUX only modules in python. HASS is almost completely cross-platform, except for a couple of packages… for example, the UNIX only module: “import crypt” is used in the HOMEKIT integration, but all they do with it is generate salts… There are tons of cross-platform modules which can be used instead and would make it work on Windows and Linux. I just change it to “import pcrypt” (which is a python only version or crypt, just slower), and it works fine on windows.

Haven’t dug into why timezone suddenly stopped working on Windows, I’ll give it a few versions to see if they fix it themselves before I dig into it more.

It worked, thanks a lot mate, fixed by adding a version number to the mainfest.json file

{
“domain”: “variable”,
“name”: “variable”,
“version”: “0.1.0”,
“documentation”: “GitHub - rogro82/hass-variables: Home Assistant variables component”,
“requirements”: ,
“dependencies”: ,
“codeowners”: [
@rogro82
]
}

That is a custom integration. You need to contact the author of that. It’s not a core HA issue.

All of my Sonoff devices went off line and when I do a configuration check I receive “Component error: sonoff - Integration ‘sonoff’ not found.”

Anyone else seeing this?

3 Likes