2022.12: It does matter!

Read the full release announcement here
13 Likes

Thanks to you and to the whole home assistant community.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Great release ! Nice Matter !
But that’s only a controller? What’s about HASS as a matter Bridge to integrate HASS to other systems?

3 Likes

Great job ! as always !

Had a nice year of “Homeassting”.
Everything working stable now.
Thank you to all contributers. Happy Holidays

2 Likes

Haven’t downloaded the update yet, but can the local calendar be exported to .ics? Or a live calendar link so we can syncgronize and update it from other devices?

4 Likes

Thanks for Integrating Sensirion’s BLE protocol!
Now i can add my CO2-meter!!!

I just updated from 2022.11.5 but got the following error message, has anyone else seen this?

aiogithubapi 22.3.1 requires backoff<2.0.0,>=1.10.0, but you have backoff 2.2.1 which is incompatible.

I’m running HA core on a raspberrypi 4, on top of raspbian OS (bullseye)
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Great release as always.

I was hoping to see a few more WTHs though.

2 Likes

Nice

1 Like

this is pretty big. on the main production system fully loaded with (custom) integrations and many other things that could break, only 1 single error popping up:

2022-12-07 21:49:26.381 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.homeassistant_alerts] Timeout fetching homeassistant_alerts data

other than that, its flawless. very nice indeed.
ofc, love the new state colors for binaries classes, the new BT functionality (on Shelly’s now too, yeah).

so many other good stuff. thanks!

2 Likes

“The country has not been configured” - even though it has?

this is a new general setting, you’ve never set it before.

2 Likes

No I went in and set it, but the message didn’t go away. A restart of HA resolved.

2 Likes

53 posts were split to a new topic: I dislike the 2022.12 Color changes

For those using MASS, it appears it’s not compatible with this release. (2022.12.0)

Still no CIFS/Samba integration to connect to network shares on a NAS. Renders all media and NVRs useless.

2 Likes

There has been work done on this, however there was an unforeseen roadblock that the dev ran into. I wouldn’t expect a ‘point and click’ network share option anytime soon. You can mount network drives via CLI or an automation that runs a command_line command.

5 Likes

Yes I have the same problem.
Music assistant not loaded.