Aeotec Multisensor 6

Evening All,

I have just bought an aeotec multisensor 6 and managed to configure it after a while of messing around but I am not sure if it’s working correct and also cant seem to find the name of it in HA can anyone offer assistance please.

I am only seeing this in HA??

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

Restart it once or twice and you will get better names as the ZWave settles down.

Andrew’s right; we were just on another thread with the same issue, Mike. I’m ordering a stick so hopefully I’ll have a little more practical experience soon! (also replied to your PM)

Cheers Andrew, when you say restart it do you mean just HA or is there a way to restart the sensor a certain way?

Thanks

Restart home assistant. Meant, sorry.

@MikeCranium Did restarting HA fix that for you? I am having the exact same issue but restarting HA multiple times has not brought in the correct names. I also am missing the burglar sensor, which it looked like you were too.

Hi Bud,

No I didn’t I had to hold down the pair button for 20 seconds to factory reset the sensor.

Once I did that I reconnected to the z wave stick and rebooted my Pi and logged back in to HA and all was working good :slight_smile:

Just having a few issues now with it showing up as “dead” and it seems every time I restart my Pi and HA I have to manually connect the sensor again.

1 Like

Yup… Had the same problem…After a lot of trial and error I managed to get open z-wave control panel installed. IWith this software I was able to modify the configuration of this device. Specifically, changed “Basic Report” (or was it “Basic Set”?) to “Binary report”.

Yeah doing that my end was a pain. Now I have it installed in position on battery’s was causing me issues.

I think I might of sussed it now but need to run more tests.

Which firmware version are you using?

I have 1.06 and executed the firmware update to 1.07 and 1.08 but in openzwave control panel the ‘application version’ still shows as 1.06?

The problem I have is the motion is detected only in range of two meters. 1.06 had only on/off setting in motion detection but 1.07 has five value for different sensitivity. I have mine now in maximum sensitivity but is it still in 1.06 firmware and actual sensitivity is worse than in 1.07/1.08?