2022.8: You can fix it!

@bdraco Any possibility of support for Bluetooth buttons e.g Itag

these come in various sizes and shapes

This was discussed in ESPhome discord too, now since HA has got its own first-class support, will it be supported in HA too?

2 Likes

But if I haven’t overridden the name manually in the registry do the names/entity_id’s there get altered?

That’s the biggest question…will the new naming schema change things not manually defined in .storage retroactively or only implement the new naming going forward?

The other stuff could be an annoyance depending on how it’s ultimately handled but if that will be what happens then that is just unacceptable.

We need to know the format of the additional authorization data and where to get it. Unfortunately it’s manufacturer specific.

1 Like

It’s possible but someone would need to make an integration for it

How is Home Assistant installed? If it is on an RPi odds are it is linux based

1 Like

I had zero name changes on any entity. Why don’t you try it instead of guessing.

i’m seeing the same issue after upgrading to 2022.8.1

were you able to find a fix for ONVIF?

Couldn’t connect to camera ‘x’, please verify that the credentials are correct. Error: Invalid data

Latest is not a version.

Anyone know if something like this would work? I don’t have this but this is what I need.

Soil Moisture Meter Soil Moisture Test Ki

Would it be possible for the new Bluetooth integration to use a remote dongle exposing dubs via socat or similar?
Asking because all my antennas are remote with respect to the ha server and located on a raspberry pi at home center .
Would like to add bt too there.

I think it is not so uncommon setup

1 Like

No joy,

I have two cameras, both POE 1 is Reolink and works fine but not the Amcrest, strange

Since lastest (2022.8.1) version I receive following bluetooth error:

Logger: homeassistant.components.bluetooth_tracker.device_tracker
Source: components/bluetooth_tracker/device_tracker.py:73 
Integration: bluetooth_tracker 
First occurred: 07:38:17 (362 occurrences) 
Last logged: 09:03:56

Couldn't discover bluetooth devices: error communicating with local bluetooth adapter

Does your HA machine have bluetooth?

Thanks for another great release.

Perhaps a little change to the blog text may clarify the repairs topic.
It says the repairs item is in the settings menu, but when looking there, I could not find it.
It turns out it is further down in the system menu.

The repairs dashboard can be found in the settings**/system** menu

1 Like

Yes, Pi 3 B, it did discover bluetooth devices before.

Yes it is on a rpi 4 with HassOS so you are right. Didn’t think about that. Thsnk you!

The Bluetooth device tracker has not been updated to use the new Bluetooth stack. The le one has

1 Like

Having the same error running speedtest cli

First off, asking questions isn’t guessing. it’s asking questions. Big difference.

Besides, I didn’t think it was a part of this release so I didn’t know it was available to “try it”:

In the background, a project has been started to standardize the names of entities and devices. This work is in progress and will take a long time to complete,

And if it is a part of the release I haven’t updated yet. The .x number is too low. :wink:

Switchbot integration is still broken for me, even after updating to 2022.8.2. Devices are found, but cannot control them:

Switchbot communication failed. Stopping trying
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bleak_retry_connector/__init__.py", line 102, in establish_connection
    await client.connect(timeout=BLEAK_TIMEOUT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bleak/backends/bluezdbus/client.py", line 167, in connect
    assert_reply(reply)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bleak/backends/bluezdbus/utils.py", line 22, in assert_reply
    raise BleakDBusError(reply.error_name, reply.body)
bleak.exc.BleakDBusError: [org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownObject] Method "Connect" with signature "" on interface "org.bluez.Device1" doesn't exist

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/switchbot/devices/device.py", line 81, in _sendcommand
    return await self._send_command_locked(key, command)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/switchbot/devices/device.py", line 104, in _send_command_locked
    client = await establish_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bleak_retry_connector/__init__.py", line 134, in establish_connection
    _raise_if_needed(name, exc)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bleak_retry_connector/__init__.py", line 95, in _raise_if_needed
    raise BleakConnectionError(msg) from exc
bleak_retry_connector.BleakConnectionError: C4-2B-D3-F8-7D-AE (C4:2B:D3:F8:7D:AE): Failed to connect: [org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownObject] Method "Connect" with signature "" on interface "org.bluez.Device1" doesn't exist