Enhanced motion controller to activate scenes by time and illuminance - now in addition with idle ambient scene

This blueprint will activate a scene if motion is detected. You can define four scenes (Morning, Day, Evening, Night). For every scene you can set a start time. Also an illuminance sensor has to be set for checking if the scene should be activated.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

13 Likes

This is BRILLIANT. thank you !
this goes to exactly where I asked in this post : Looking for Blueprint for Motion + Lux Level
Have just set it up on a test bed and got it working, more testing to do but it seems to be exactly what I am looking for. And has the added benefit of different light settings (scenes) based on time of day (so I can have light come on low lux level late at night etc).

Would be nicer if I could choose whether or not to have that function - different scenes-different times. I will use it sometimes but probably not most of the time.

Thank You!!!
(happy to test other things for you in future!)

That looks great.

Do you mind addind group as trigger too?
Because this is the best way to group multiple motion sensor for use in automations.

Is it possible to use this blueprint without a lux meter? I want to use this in a place where there is no other light source anyway. I do not have a lux meter there and now I cannot use this blueprint.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. It is a good idea to have such things optional. Perhaps I will have some time within the next days to optimize the blueprint. In the meantime, simply use the same scene in all fields. They don´t have to be different.

Hi,
I will try to implement this within the next days. Sure, it is possible.

2 Likes

Hi, a group as trigger is also possible. I will see what I can implement during the next days.

1 Like

While you’re making changes… if you use a TOD sensor instead of inputting the times directly into the automation, then multiple copies of this won’t have to repeat the same times over and over for each light.

1 Like

Thanks… you might want to indicate to Noobs to use the Github URL and not this page URL.

Use

Thanks for the hint

Hi,
I updated the blueprint in first step to my needs. I added an optional ambient scene which will be activated if no motion is detected and light level is under threshold. I also added a flag to activate or deactivate this feature. My problem is now, that I cannot leave the ambient scene input empty. What do I have to do to male this field optional and no error will be generated when leaving the input for ambient scene empty? Hopefully someone can help.

1 Like

I am on mobile so I can not test, but inputs do support an default value.

I did not find documentation about this but maybe “none” could work.

Thanks for the hint. Documentation is not very good regarding blueprints. Setting default value is working but only when using the correct notation. It cost me the half day, but now I made a big step. All scenes are now optional. Ambient scene also. Additionally time frame can be set, when ambient scene should be enabled.

Here Revision 7

Looks great! But still can’t use it because I lack a lux sensor. Is it possible to make the lux sensor optional too? Or should I just find/create another version without the lux sensor?

Yes that should be possible.

“scene.none”, did you find that in a documentation or more guessing?

@dkoehler are you willing to make this a “big” blueprint with all the stuff you dont need?

1 Like

Also it looks like that there is a bug.

If no scene is used the choosen light(s) will not switch to on.
In the first choose section it checks for all the scenes but if none is configured it´s missing

default:
      - service: light.turn_on
        target: !input light_target

Hi, cause of time reasons, I will not implement this. You can simply create a fork on github and implement it on your own

Hi, scene.none is more guessing. Cause I was forced to use the official notation. No documentation found for that. And I will stop to enhance this blueprint. My experience for now: Using blueprints based on yaml syntax is getting extremely harder if you want to increase abstraction level. Especially in terms of debugging.

Furthermore things getting harder for me, cause I have no deep experience with Homeassistant. Before I was using NodeRed, which makes debugging a little bit easier. And I am just wondering, what are the benefits when using Homeassistant automation? From my point of view it is much easier to use NodeRed with Homeassistant-

You are right. This is also an outcome of trying to make things more abstract and usable for all. I removed the functionality to have the scenes optional.

I’m beginning to question this myself !. I had some automations working in Nodered OK. Could never get my head aroudn teh HA automations. BLueprints looked very useful in last few days as people like you did work to get some easy-to-use blueprints working. but more and more I still see NR as an easier solution. Especially for debugging. that debug node is worth everything !