64 bit OS and Mopidy

Hi,

I am setting up Homeassistant for a while now. I already included security cameras with motioneye and started to use four light switch nodes, controlling 12 lights.

But when I wanted to setup Mopidy, I couldn’t and learned that it is not ready for 64bit OS. I need to use 64bit, because I use Homeassistant with SSD on a Raspberry Pi 4.

Is there another alternative for Mopidy?

Also, I want to setup a multizone (actually two zone) media player and want to use the same Raspberry Pi that is used for Homeassistant. I tested my Usb DAC and it is recognised by Hassio Os. I tried it with spotify connect and it works.

What I want is to use Raspberry’s audio out for first zone, and use my Usb DAC for second zone and integrate it to Homeassistant. I am a Raspberry noob. If it is not possible to achieve this in Hassio Os, I can use another Raspberry Pi for setting up a two zone media player; but I should be able to integrate it to Home Assistant. Do you know any OS or program for this, that can also be integrated to Home Assistant offcourse.

Main aim is to play music, including Spotify (two different spotify instances would be even better).

Ok, I made some more research, and found Volumio. Actually I knew Volumio because I am a Hi-fi addict ; but since I am new to raspberry world, I could not figure out how could I use home assistant and volumio in the same raspberry.

But in theory I figured it out. I can install raspberry os 32bit, docker, home assistant and volumio. By this way, home assistant will probably see volumio I guess… The rest is to try to control volumio through home assistant. I guess I will figure it out in time.
Multi Zone setup can be done with volumio with snapcast plugin. But, can I setup a second volumio instance to docker, and link two volumios in one instance? That will be the tricky part for me, because I am a total Raspberry noob.

In theory, one instance will use one soundcard (probably raspberry onboard sound card), the other instance will use HDMI audio. If I need a better sound quality, then I will search for a usb DAC.

1 Like

Hey Huseyin! I’m in a similar boat to you. Since you went for the 32 bit OS for volumio, couldn’t you try mopidy again? Are you able to use your SSD with 32 bit? I’ve discovered this addon repository: GitHub - Poeschl/Hassio-Addons: The repository for my Home Assistant Supervisor Add-ons. which has a much more recent Mopidy version than others that are posted in older threads. Haven’t tried to install it yet.

I actually don’t need my RPI4 (8gig w/ SSD) to have audio output, but I would like it to handle the server aspect of snapcast and mopidy since it’s got plenty of unused power only running Home Assistant OS.

I’ve been running snapcast/mopidy on a separate RPI3 and it is really awesome. Just got to get that last 20% of setup and finesse. Sorry to bump an old thread, but there seem to be a lot of us struggling with multi-room audio and it’s such a killer feature that has a killer open source and local only implementation…but it’s setup is not new user friendly. Hope Volumio has worked out for you!

I am very sorry for late response. I started to use Homeassistant supervised, installed on Raspberry OS (32bit), then used KODI for multimedia and two zone media playing. I am using SSD.

I was not able to install Homeassistant supervised on Volumio. I didn’t try anything for a long time. I would like to use Volumio, because of the interface.