868 MHz transceiver (alternative to broadlink)?

I got an RF device that operates on 868 MHz. Unfortunately Broadlink’s RM Pro comes in a 433 MHz variant; anybody know where to look or had success with configuring a 868 MHz transceiver?

Hi,

Did you find a solution for this?
I have same issue.

Thanks
Kitem

The 868 MHz RF transceivers I found were more expensive than a zwave equivalent shutter switch would do the job for me.
I ended up replacing the stock RF receiver/motor controller with a qubino zwave shutter controller instead. Much better than RF.

Thanks for your quickly reply.

However since I share the garage door with other people I’m not able to change the Hormann motor.

By surfing on internet I have just found this Garadget (https://www.home-assistant.io/components/cover.garadget/). Trying to understand whether it can be a solution.

Cheers
Kitem

I did not replace the motor; it was only the radio control unit that I took out and replaced. I understand the limitation that replacing the garage controls is not an option for your case …

You may also need to check if the RF path is feasible at all, because in my experience garage doors (same as car remotes) function with some sort of altered / rolling codes for security, so using an RF emitter may not work.

Lastly, if you are allowed physical access to install stuff on the motor-side, you could check if you can hook up two different control units to your motor. If that is the case, then installing a zwave controller in addition to the existing controller may still be a solution.

Hi Kahka
Can you tell me what zwave controller you use it with your rf 868mhz remotes?

regards,

I didn’t use a zwave controller for RF Control. Instead I physically removed the RF unit from the motor (cut the wires between the RF receiver unit and its motor) and replaced it with a Qubino flush shutter by wiring the qubino in place of the RF receiver unit. No more RF for me, which is actually better for reliability + now Hass knows the state of the shutter.
The RF unit and its remote are no longer part of my system. Credit goes to qubino’s excellent support for this idea btw.

I got this working with just a Raspberry Pi:

1 Like