A deadly combination of HomeAssistant, VM and UNRAID..... making my life a bit of a hell :)

I had been running HA on a VirtualBox VM for almost six months and was very happy. It was a learning curve but persistence paid off. On that particular day, a light bulb switched on in my head to move to a VM on my UNRAID server. I thought that VM is a VM, is a VM… oh wow… that was not the case. I literally struggled to get up and running HA from scratch. HA Core with supported integrations is working pretty well. I have the following issues which I am not able to solve yet. Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.

1. I can’t save automations in the list in the Configuration page. For that matter, I can’t save scenes and scripts as well. If I open “automation.yaml” file I can see that the automation I created is properly saved.

2. Supported integrations are running very well. However, Custom components/ integrations don’t work, which used to work on virtualbox VM. I am using the same YAML files. The components are getting installed but not loaded. I can’t see any log event generated to figure out what’s going on. For example, Unifi Protect, IntesisHome, Qnap etc… have stopped working.

These two pain points are the ones I am not able to resolve at all.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, GPS

Do you convert the virtual box disk image or start again?
Would have been done with a command like this

qemu-img convert -f vdi -O qcow2 [VBOX-IMAGE.vdi] [KVM-IMAGE.qcow2]

If you started again did you use the official vm image for home assistant.
Link

No, I started with the fresh install using official VM image for HA.