A different take on an alarm system

Sorry to disappear for a while. I’ve recently update my stuff to work with 0.49. The current outstanding piece is that the alarm panel doesn’t scroll. Trying to figure that out now.

4 Likes

Good to have you back :wink:

Awesome! I had reverted back to the regular manual control panel. Still like this one better so I will give it a shot.

Good timing too as this combined with Pkozul’s floorplan makes for a very promising alarm system with no monthly fees.

Haven’t tested extensively but it set up with no errors and seems to be working again! Thanks!

I have followed the instructions as per the first post. The panel displays but no sensors are visible under “Delayed Alarms”, “Immediate Alarms” and “Inactive Sensors”. What am I missing?

really a good alarm panel, THE BEST ALARM PANEL!
i configuring it to send me a notification (by push bullet) when an alarm is triggered. is it possibile to have this notification with the name of the sensor that was triggered?

Yes it is possible.

In the attributes it shows ‘changed_by’ which is the sensor that was last triggered I believe.

So I do an automation that turns on when alarm is triggered and reads the sensor that was triggered.

- alias: 'Alarm tripped'

trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id:
        - alarm_control_panel.house
      to: 'triggered'
      for: '00:00:10'

action:
    - service: script.speech_engine
      data_template:
        AlarmTripped: The {{ trigger.to_state.attributes.changed_by }} was tripped.

My problem now is I want it to tell me the friendly name and not the entity ID but I can’t seem to get it to do that.

wonderful, it works great. this is my code for push bullet notification. it’s get you the sensor id but not the frindly name.

• alias: ‘Alarm tripped’
    trigger:
    • platform: state
      entity_id:
      • alarm_control_panel.house
        to: ‘triggered’
        for: ‘00:00:10’
        action:
    • service: notify.GioZzz
      data_template:
      title: “ALLARME TRIGGERATA”
      message: The {{ trigger.to_state.attributes.changed_by }} was tripped.

i ask you another question. i am searching an alarm system for indoor and outdoor use with per immunity. do you know any z-wave sensor? i found the PIRZWAVE2-ECO that seems good but it’s only for indoor use.
thanks!

Sensors only show if they are preset in the state data coming from the backend. i.e, if you use the config from the top but don’t have binary sensors with those entity ids, it won’t show.

Thank you for the advice. I got it working now. How do I get the sensors in Heads Up to display? Have you managed to figure out the scrolling issue?

Heads up just shows sensors that are open/unlocked. When those are open, they show in the list at the top of open sensors. It was a way to make sure things that don’t cause alarms are okay before going to bed.

Also note, the new repository is:

I deleted the old one for particular reasons.

1 Like

Do you have anything set up like I mention above? Where it would tell you the sensor that was triggered?

Not sure if the way I did it was correct, but I want it to tell me the friendly name and all I can get it to correctly do is entity_id.

does the new update broke the costum alarm panel? i have a white page in the alarm panel.

First i’d like to say thank you for sharing this piece. Listen I set it up light night in my HA environment and for some reason I only get a white page.

i think it’s an upgrade problem. maybe something in the custom alarm page code.

the funny thing is that i can arm and disarm it because i could see the sensor for it

yes me too, only the page doesn’t works.

Unsure about the update. I’m still running 0.49.1. A lot of the API pieces have been changing with each iteration so I wouldn’t be surprised.

any plan to update the component?