ABB intercom

Calling all Video Intercom experts! My apartment building is equipped with an ABB intercom, and I am in contact with the guy who runs the company who installed it.

My goal: the video intercom is a wired system. I would like to be able to piggyback on that, or build some DIY solution.

Next best thing: The guy says they have a mobile app, that can do everything the in home touch screen can do; view the camera, unlock the door. He didnt explain the particulars, but said all he would need from me, would be an empty port on my router for an ethernet cord.

This is the page for the unit in the basement. The techinical information and manuals are here and here. I don’t understand it, so I’ll leave it to the experts

I can see in the manual in Fig. 1-10 Solution for single-family with mobile devices there is an IP Gatweay. I hope that I do not have to put my stuff in the cloud for their proprietary app to function if it comes to that.

Has anyone had experience with this kind of Video Intercom system before? What questions should I ask the installer in order to even see if this will be possible?

I only skimmed and text searched the manuals but there is zero information on any API (application programming interface). So I don’t like your chances of getting this connected to home assistant without substantial reverse engineering.

1 Like

Thanks! I didn’t get to searching API, but that is a good catch. Do you think it’s a good question to ask the installer, i.e. is there anything regarding an API? I’m also just wondering how his proprietary app would work.

Ask them if they have an API and if any documentation is available for it.

That controller uses the ABB-Welcome application to talk to the IP-Gateway, which does not have any sort of API as far as I can tell.

The closest I’ve found is the ABB developer portal to gain access to their cloud API (I don’t know if the M2300 IP-Gateway would be accessible over this API though).
However you have to request individual credentials and developer role to access their APIs, then after approval you are able to start trying the API. I have no idea if this works on a subscription basis where you have to pay, but curious individuals are welcome to try and find out.

https://developer.eu.mybuildings.abb.com/

1 Like

Im interested in this too. I have the welcome wifi and it needs a suscription out of home.
I would like to integrate it in home Assistant, but i have not programing knowledge yo usé the api

1 Like

I’m in the same pickle, just that my system is Came BPT. I have a cat5 wire to connect to video receiver to the intercom. My question is, do I have to get a Came BPT for video or am I able to connect a receiver from any brand that connects with a cat5?

Hi @asiersan, can you please try if this works?
https://developer.eu.mybuildings.abb.com/fah_local/
If it works maybe it’s feasible to implement it!
Thanks!

Is not accesible as described in the link.
But as you can see in prerequisites (in the link above) you must actívate local api.
In my wellcome app or my monitor i cant see the option.

I finally got ABB Developer access but the APIs only seem to be for the Free@Home system and not Welcome-M with the IP-Gateway :frowning:
Keen to hear if anyone else has found a solution.

2 Likes

Trying to conect again. I tried to add directly to Alexa.
But skill is only for free-home again.
No solution yet.