Abode Component No Longer Working - 0.86.x and above

Home Assistant version - 0.86.1 and 0.87.1
Installation Type - Python Virtual Environment running on Ubuntu Server 18.04

It appears my Abode integration broke after upgrading from 0.84.6 to 0.86.1. My Abode devices no longer appear in the entities list and I get the following error in the home-assistant.log. There doesn’t appear to be anything Abode related in the Breaking Changes for the past few releases so I’m at a complete loss as to what the problem could be. Am I the only one dealing with this? Thanks in advance for any feedback given.

2019-02-16 18:41:02 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Loaded abode from homeassistant.components.abode
2019-02-16 18:41:02 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up abode
2019-02-16 18:41:03 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component abode
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/abode.py", line 135, in setup
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/abode.py", line 96, in __init__
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/abodepy/__init__.py", line 84, in __init__
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/abodepy/__init__.py", line 469, in _load_cache
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/abodepy/utils.py", line 15, in load_cache

As a follow up, I looked at the abode.py file to attempt to discern where in the process things are getting mucked up. Line 135 and 96 are related to the authentication portion the abode component. While my password hasn’t changed, I decided to update my credentials anyway. Alas, this did not help the issue within Home Assistant.

I’m starting to wonder whether this problem is actually related to the recent Abode back-end updates. Maybe they’ve changed how all of this should work and therefore, requires a component update?

I’d really appreciate if anyone using Abode and HA could chime in, even if it’s to let me know your environment is still working.

TLDR; Renaming abodepy_cache.pickle and restarting Home Assistant solved the problem.

I’ve managed to solve the problem, albeit by sheer luck. As it turns out, the abode cache wouldn’t load and therefore, neither would the abode component. The existing cache file had a file size of 0 which seemed unusual but took me a while to hone in on. By renaming the file abodepy_cache.pickle, Home Assistant was forced to recreate said file, at which point everything began working again. I suspect the cause of the problem may have been an earlier disk space issue on the volume where Home Assistant is installed.

Hopefully this info will help someone else down the line.