Accessing local websites via remote control nabu casa URL

I have several internal websites that are only accessible from within my network. I would like to be able to access those websites when using my remote control nabu casa URL, via an addin (with ingress?). Is that possible? Anyone know if someone has done this already?

1 Like

All you need to do is to open port 80 to your local IP where the website is.
Or is there something I’m missing?

But this has nothing to do with nabu casa.

I wanted to ensure the website is only available via the nabu casa url. I didn’t want to open port 80 on my router.

Don’t know if it is possible through nabu casa, as far as I understand, nabu casa is a proxy for the API, not the entire service.

Alternatively you could use an SSH tunnel and a remote (publicly accessible) host to achieve the thing you require, without having to open any ports on your router.

I’ve written down a guide how to do it a while ago, but I’ve been using it without any problems since then: https://carly.be/expose-home-assistant-through-ssh-tunnel/

The reason for the nabu casa requirement is that my workplace blocks most websites / ports, but nabu casa works.

I don’t think it will be possible via Nabu Casa.

There is the iframe Panel support, but it also does not work with Nabu Casa:

Iframe with the login to my Asus NAS

If your router supports it use a VPN on a tablet or mobile phone and connect directly to your home network.

This will not be possible with Nabu Casa. You only have one Nabu Casa address, how should it know which service/website you wanna access when you hit the Nabu Casa URL?

I also have several services at home, which I need to be available from the outside and I use a Reverse Proxy server for this. Depending on the subdomain used it redirects go the correct service, e.g. grafana.mydomain.com will lead me to the Grafana Web UI on port xy on machine z, whereas hass.mydomain.com will lead to the HA UI on port ab on machine x

1 Like

Is there a way to get a local website to be hosted via an addon and access that local website with ingress?

i guess you don’t use nabucasa at all?!

May you explain shortly how to start some reverse proxy setup like yours??

I mainly have it to support the devs, but I’m currently testing and using it for a few months in a test environment.

I use NGINX as a reverse proxy. There should be some guides here on the website, just search for NGINX reverse proxy. If you get stuck at some point, you can always ask me for help here.

1 Like