Add support for Hubspace by Afero

Argh! According to @ElectronMike I actually had “50291, 50292” working with RGB (no brightness), but must have messed something up in the past two weeks. I pushed a new version to the dev branch. Let me know if works. If RGB doesn’t work, I think I can at least get on/off working.

HPDA311CWB should always have worked, since that is the only model I have.

No coffee needed, this is just fun!

Ok RGBW works as it did before! Nice work @jaaem. If our up for taking on getting the OutLets to work, I’ll send over the debug info… They outlets are individually controllable (on/off) but they don’t show that way in UI at this moment.

From your DM, I see how to control/get the status of the outlets. I need to think about how to implement. The issue is we need to make each device into two separate “lights”, each setting/pulling status from a different field name. However, if either is on, they share a common “power” field. Hopefully I’ll get to it in a few days.

rock on!!!

Does anyone know if this will support the following yet ?

200 W Smart Hubspace Landscape Transformer, Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-200-W-Smart-Hubspace-Landscape-Transformer-Works-with-Amazon-Alexa-and-Google-Assistant-HB-200-1215WIFI/315058962?

Probably not out of the box. Get it setup with my integration, PM me the debug output with each output on and off, and I can try to get it working.

Thanks @jaaem for your work on this Hubspace integration!
I have this Commercial Electric 6 in. Recessed Light with hubspace , model: “538551010, 538561010, 538552010, 538562010” and got on/off and RGB working

you can add this to your list :slight_smile:
thanks!

@bramk Did you add that model to the if statement that puts in in RGB mode? Or did it just work out of the box. If the latter, i am surprised…

I did add this model to the if statement for the RGB mode…
It didn’t work out of the box, also I had to remove the spaces in the names in order to make it work

It would be great to add brightness and whites to integration, are you looking into that?
I’ll take a look on how this integration works / API calls when I have some more time

The API calls are pretty easy. If you turn on debug mode in the integration, it should be pretty easy to figure out what field to change (like how to set color temperature). It is the home assistant part that is hard. I haven’t found a good template for an RGB+W light. Also, it is hard to test without the device. Never made a light component before this.

To try to get brightness at least working, trying adding the model string to the if statement that activates brightness mode in the init function. It just might work. I’ll add your model number into the next release.

@jaaem Thanks for all the updates. Is it safe just to redownload the repository via HACS?

Yes, the 1.1 release should have everything up to date. including a new light. But if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

1 Like

how do I get you the degug info this is all I am seeing in my logs currently

Logger: homeassistant.components.light
Source: custom_components/hubspace/light.py:62
Integration: Light (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:38:00 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:38:00 PM

Error while setting up hubspace platform for light

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 249, in _async_setup_platform await asyncio.shield(task) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 58, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File “/config/custom_components/hubspace/light.py”, line 62, in setup_platform _LOGGER.debug("Switch on Model " + model ) TypeError: can only concatenate str (not “NoneType”) to str

That error is happening too early in the process for the normal debug information. Are you using the latest version? Make sure you are using version 1.1 … This error tends to happen if your light’s friendlyname has either a space or is the same as a “group” of lights (like bedroom, office, etc) .I thought 1.1 fixed the group of lights issue, but maybe not. Try renaming the light in the app something unique, like “abc123” If that doesn’t work, you can get a little more debug information by setting this in your configuration.yaml (not in hubspace section, but in the main section). You may already have a logger section, so make sure it has the hubspace line:

logger:
  default: error
  logs:
    custom_components.hubspace: debug

be sure to PM me any debug info, as could have personal info

Hello,

I love to integration everything works great expect that I an unable to turn off the ceiling fan. When I try to turn it off it turns right back on.

Thank you,
Kevin

Thanks for creating this! Should I install the main “jdeath” verseion on github vs a fork? That’s what is being actively maintained?

Once I get a chance to install it and test it, I’ll report back with any models that don’t work and see if I can get you the info to add them. I have 2 different outdoor on/off plugs, (1 outlet and 2 outlet) 1 outlet indoor plugs, and two different lengths of RGBW tape.

Just the Main branch. GitHub - jdeath/Hubspace-Homeassistant
Jdeath has been amazing. we have found some limitations but he got my outlet working, switches and RGBW recessed.

Thank you so much. This has worked for a number of devices. I already owe you a coffee, but if you ever have time to figure out the transformer, I’ll owe you a whole pot of it.

if you turn on debug: true in the configuration and PM me the sensor attributes for the transformer, I can try to figure it out. Now that I got the outlets working, I assume the transformer works in a similar way.

Hi,

Thank you all for this exciting project. I am so close! I keep getting the following error:

2022-07-31 01:34:43 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hubspace which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

2022-07-31 01:34:43 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

2022-07-31 01:34:43 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration ecoplug which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

2022-07-31 01:34:57 DEBUG (SyncWorker_4) [custom_components.hubspace.light] friendlyname ‘Fdl'

2022-07-31 01:34:57 DEBUG (SyncWorker_4) [custom_components.hubspace.hubspace] token xxxx

2022-07-31 01:34:57 DEBUG (SyncWorker_4) [custom_components.hubspace.hubspace] token yyyy

2022-07-31 01:34:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Error while setting up hubspace platform for light

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 250, in _async_setup_platform

await asyncio.shield(task)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run

result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)

File "/config/custom_components/hubspace/light.py", line 72, in setup_platform

_LOGGER.debug("Switch on Model " + model )

TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "NoneType") to str

My config:

light:

• platform: hubspace
    username: [email protected]
    password: Actualpass
    debug: true
    friendlynames:
    • ‘Fdl’
    • ‘For’
    • ‘Gkd’

How can I resolve this?