IntesisHome WiFi AC Control

You will need to add your username and password into the code as marked.

Yes i did it. On file custom_components/intesishome.py right?
I have this setup:
configuration.yaml
climate: nest

and your script as described with username/password defined on it.

climate:

• platform: intesishome

in your configuration

then you need all the files and folders (2 files, 1 folder) in the repo in custom_components. This is the same as the original install.

configuration.yaml
climate:
platform: intesishome

on .homeassistant folder I have:
custom_components/intesishome.py
custom_components/climate/intesishome.py

all working ok. my problem was that i calling climate with an !include and it sames this not work.

Very good job tehbrd!!!

I just reinstalled raspbian and homeassistant in virtual environment with version 0.60.
I have nothing yet configured, and I have tried to install your mod. I have all as Ruben, and de user y password included in the file.
This is the log when I restart the service has.
I am doing something wrong?

2018-01-01 11:32:44 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 241, in _step
result = coro.throw(exc)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 60, in async_setup_component
return (yield from task)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py”, line 380, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 304, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py”, line 293, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 239, in _step
result = coro.send(None)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 159, in _async_setup_component
conf_util.async_process_component_config(hass, config, domain)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/config.py”, line 622, in async_process_component_config
platform = get_platform(domain, p_name)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 104, in get_platform
return get_component(PLATFORM_FORMAT.format(domain, platform))
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 142, in get_component
module = importlib.import_module(path)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/importlib/init.py”, line 126, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 986, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 969, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 958, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 673, in _load_unlocked
File “”, line 669, in exec_module
File “”, line 775, in get_code
File “”, line 735, in source_to_code
File “”, line 222, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/climate/intesishome.py”, line 7

^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Hi All,
Silly question, but am I correct in that a connection to the Intesis Server is required for this device to work, and therefore if Intesis ever stops supporting it, this device will no longer work?

I really don’t like the sound of that. If that’s the case I’ll get the Modbus interface instead.
Thanks!

Hello. Did you succeed to connect your home assistant to modbus?

I am talking to it via Modbus, but I ended up using Node-RED instead. For my application this worked out to be very simple and quick. Happy to share the flow and further details if anyone’s interested.

I may integrate it with HA in the future, but for now I’m very happy with Node-RED.

I have a LG ducted AC system and I want to control it with my home assistant. I am very happy with home assistant so I don’t want change our have another system. It is possible to buy a dry contact board to add modbus or bacnet to my AC but I don’t know how to integrate with home assistant as I am not a developer. Any help would be great.

Buy the Modbus interface and play with it until you get it working. Incidentally the lacking Modbus documentation is what turned me off Home Assistant in the first place. The OpenHAB documentation is much better.

Modbus is an easy protocol to use, you’ll find a huge amount of information online. Key is to study the manual of the interface unit to find out which registers do what.

BTW, since you’re not a developer, seriously take a look at Node-RED. Implementing Modbus control with it is easy and zero coding is required for basic control. Then you can integrate the Node-RED control logic into Home Assistant quite easily (note I haven’t done this, but information is out there showing how to do it). Alternatively you’ll have a decent understanding of Modbus at that point, and you could re-write the code in Home Assistant natively more easily.

Good luck!

Hi @jnimmo, any plans update the IntesisHome component to work with the climate new platform of HA?
I’m getting a “supported_features NotImplementedError”, and after doing some reading, all custom components must implement this property now.
Running HA v0.63.1.

Maybe try creating an issue on his git pyIntesisHome, he seems to be active there.

Hey shlomki, unfortunately I’m unable to maintain this project anymore as I don’t have an IntesisHome anymore. Any volunteers to take it over?

I am new to Python so struggled trying to get jnimmo’s library to work so I decided to try a different approach. I now have a working integration using the default MQTT HVAC component of Home Assistant

I have published my code on Github for anyone else who wants to use it. https://github.com/bradleyscott/intesis-mqtt
Its hot off the press so it might be a little buggy. But it might solve your problem @shlomki. PRs and suggestions welcomed

1 Like

Looks like a nice solution, will this also update states if the remote is used?

Yup. It listens on the socket for those messages regardless of source. Same with the app.

Thank you @bradleyscott I got your docker running and it’s working great. What thing I was wondering is how do you find the deviceid? I ended up just looking at the page source but I’m thinking there’s a more obvious place to find it?

Good to hear it’s working for someone else :slight_smile:
I think I did something similar. Probably watching the API responses which list the device metadata. There is probably some clever way I could hydrate the config files with some of the deviceId information that comes back from Intesis, but I just haven’t implemented anything like that.

Does anyone have 2 intesis devices running? I am finding a problem where sometimes 1 of my 2 devices doesn’t respond properly to an ‘on’ command. It quickly turns off (within 1 second). Then later on, the other device might suffer the same problem. Only 1 device has this problem at a time though.

I don’t have the problem using the Intesis official app though. So must be to do with something I am doing on the websocket. I can’t figure it out though, so hoping someone else might be running the same config

Hi Bradley,

Im trying to configure it but i can’t for now…

I trying to get running docker container but don’t urdenstund where i must place default.json file (on docker link folder or on homeassistant path???)

Docker container not run when i try to start it, any special way to set up it?

THKS