Add Support for Smart Life Components

Can’t topics like these that have already been implemented not be closed?

It’s really not closed. As of now, as far as I know, only switches and sockets with tuya/smart-life work with HA.

Although the sockets work for on/off toggle the implemention does not cover the monitoring for those sockets yet. (Which is why i bought sockets with monitoring in the first place)

Hello! Seems that the link http://seandev.org/tuyainst/ is not working anymore(((

if home assistant support now Smart life (RGB Plug in) ?

Is it correct?

tuya:
  username: 00000000
  password: XXXXXX
  country_code: 32
  platform: smart_life

that is how mine looks with my switches.
Just wanting monitoring to be supported though.

I have a jinvoo light and a smartlife plug. Is there any way to include both platforms? I have it working with one or the other.

Actually, answered my own question. In case anyone else has this question, instead of downloading the jinvoo and kisslink (smartlife plug) apps separately, just download the tuya app and move all of those devices over to that app. Then just use the tuya credentials for the configuration.yaml.

And lights…

I added this lines to configuration but it don’t work.
do you know why?

tuya:
  platform: smart_life
  username: [email protected]
  password: xxxxxxxxx
  country_code: 32

platform is incorrect

1 Like

Seems correct from the docs: https://www.home-assistant.io/components/tuya/#platform

1 Like

.the smart life app is a bit wonky. smart life devices are compatible with the tuya app…you should just install and add everything to the tuya app and it should work…

1 Like

the smart life app is actually a 100% copy of the tuya app. Or perhaps it is the other way arround.

No it isn’t…one is is supported by HA and IFTTT, and the other isn’t. If you want your devices to be seen and usable by HA and IFTTT, then they have to be registered in the Tuya app.

Have you seen both apps? They both support IFTTT, only HA is for Tuya but I would think as the apps are exactly the same, so with be the underlying platform. Even the logos are the same except for the letter.

Yes…I have…try registering a device in only the Smart Life app and using it in IFTTT…It won’t show up in the IFTTT smart life applet. But if you register the same device in the Tuya app it will show up in the Smart Life Applet. That’s why I say that the smart life app is a bit dodgy.

Basically, the same hardware is being sold by many different vendors, but since the API is the same, you can use the device with either app. But the Tuya app is the one that is more widely supported by home automation systems.

thats weird. versions of the apps inc filesize are the same. same with the layout/gui and supported services.

edit: even the developer of smartlife is Tuya Inc.

The Tuya app surprisingly supports so many hubless devices. If you buy a generic hubless bulb or plug on ebay that say “works with Alexa”, chances are that the Tuya app will recognize it. When I first started home automation, I had bought a bunch of these hubless bulbs really cheap on ebay. The problem was that only Alexa and Google Home supported them…nothing else did. OpenHab, Smartthings, IFTTT, stringify, HA, etc…none of them supported them . I was just about to throw them in the bin when HA announced that they now supported Tuya devices. So purely out of curiosity, I tried to pair the bulbs with the Tuya app and ALL of them worked, Tuya is the god of the hubless devices world. And bcause of that, I was able to get all of my cheap $9 generic no name ebay crap bulbs on Home Assistant, and use them in IFTTT, stringify …etc…

1 Like