Add Support for Smart Life Components

Thank you for this. After spending all evening trying to get my smart_life socket to work… moving to the tuya app fixed it straight away. :smiley::+1::+1::+1:

Seems this has been implemented via the Tuya component, marking as complete!

2 Likes

Thank you for marking this. Btw looking forward for the next iOS app update! I see you have a lot of awesome features in this next version.

2 Likes

Any plan to support also cameras? It would be great

1 Like

And any plans to support window/door contacts?

2 Likes

I would like to request support for tuya cameras ans motion detectors

4 Likes

I have the Tuya/Smart Life door sensors and I have come up with a reasonably easy workaround to get them to communicate with HA. It does require having an Amazon Echo together with the Emulated Hue HA component.

The basic workflow is this:

1. When Alexa senses that the door is open , turn an emulated hue bulb off, which actually runs an HA script turning off an input boolean.
  2. When Alexa senses that the door is closed , turn an emulated hue bulb off, which actually runs an HA script turning on an input boolean.
  3. Once you have the input boolean sorted, you can trigger automations and other scripts based on its state.

In my case, I just wanted to know whether the door was open or closed in my UI. I created a template sensor which is fed by the input boolean and then used the custom button card in Lovelace and mapped it’s ‘on’ and ‘off’ states to ‘closed’ and ‘open’ with a label template.

I’m sure this workflow would also work with motion sensors, albeit with a little less control than you’d perhaps want, but it might be useful to someone!

FYI for others that come looking: The Tuya component does currently directly support Tuya Smart app, Smart Life app, and Jinvoo Smart app, so you don’t even have to switch to the Tuya Smart app if you don’t want to.

It was dead simple to connect it to my Smart Life account and get my LED strip light working in Home Assistant.

2 Likes

How did you do this? I have a LED strip added through the Smart Life app and it does not show up at all for me in Home Assistant. I tried calling the Tuya Home Assistant API, and it doesn’t show up there either.

In the Tuya Home Assistant component you need to configure your account for Smart Life. My entry in configuration.yaml looks like this:

tuya:
  username: [email protected] (but this could be your phone number if that's what you used in Smart Life app)
  password: mypasswordfromtheSmartLifeApp
  country_code: 1 (because I'm in the US)
  platform: smart_life

Also note that the Tuya component has a recent bug that makes switches not show the correct state, should be fixed in Home Assistant 0.98 https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/25992

I’ve just used a Kali Linux virtualbox image with https://github.com/ct-Open-Source/tuya-convert to put custom firmware on my Tuya/Smart Life devices instead, now using ESPHome https://esphome.io

Yes did this too. All other lights show, but not the LED strip. Seems they are not part of the platform.

Adding platform: smart_life for me I get the following error after restarting.
The following components and platforms could not be set up:

tuya
Please check your config.

Hello, I’m considering buying a couple Alfawise PME1606 plugs that are on sale right now on Gearbest.
From what I understand, power consumption reporting is still not working, correct?

Closing this thread as its been implemented for a while. Please open a new thread if you want to discuss Smart Life/Tuya more.