Adding Broadlink RM4 Pro to Home Assistant

1, Connect the RM Pro to the broadlink app and update the firmware to latest version. Later we will remove the RM4 from app again

2, go to broadlink app select your new RM pro, click the three dots so you will get the settings , under device info copy your MAC address 24:df:a7:e4:xx:xx and Device IP 192.168.1.xx ( you will need these for later to add in to the HA

3, log in to your router and reserve your IP and MAC under DHCP Static IP Configuration
( if you don’t do this, if you restart the router, HA will not picked up the RM Pro)

4, install the smartir via HACS copy and paste this
https://github.com/smartHomeHub/SmartIR

And follow the configuration as below link for air conditions.
https://github.com/smartHomeHub/SmartIR/blob/5be5c1a4d49bc474262a66dadf48a023ced9df3a/docs/CLIMATE.md

5 this is how my configuration.yaml

switch:

#broadlink RM4 Pro Master Bedroom
  - platform: broadlink
    friendly_name: Master Bedroom RM4 Pro
    host: 192.168.1.xx
    mac: 24:df:a7:e4:xx:xx
    type: rm4_pro  

climate:

#Master AC with Rm4 Pro    
  - platform: smartir
    name: Master AC
    unique_id: master_ac
    device_code: 1063
    controller_data: 192.168.1.xx
    temperature_sensor: sensor.temperature
    humidity_sensor: sensor.humidity
    power_sensor: binary_sensor.ac_power    

6, then go to lovelace and add the thermostat card and select your entity mine is master ac

7 if in case you cannot control your AC still don’t worry just remove the RM pro from broadlink app by clicking delete device and reset it by inserting a pin in to the RM Pro - I had to reset 2 times. ( with RM4C and above models once locked to the cloud cannot use it locally. so we need to remove them from the broadlink cloud.

8 Then reconnect to the App only to connect to the wifi router.
9 restart your router - restart your HA ( check your
Configuration validation)

3 Likes

Went looking for this today in HACS and it’s not there for me. Any ideas why?

You should add the github URL als a custom repository in the HACS menu on the right.

1 Like

Hey,

I’m looking to link may Kaysun airco to an RF bridge. The boadcom RM 4 PRO looks a good candidate but is it supported ?
I’m also wondering if it will integrate completely with hassio.
I have 4 airco units is that a problem ?

dont work
manual is too old for new configuration

Can’t add the ip address, the HA broadlink app (host) keeps refusing to add the host. Having all set up but this is still pending to finalize my HA system. My router itself has a fixed ip. Should i use that ip or the ip assigned by my router?
Bin reading posts and info for days now and can’t find a descent solution.
Please help :frowning:

The RM for needs an extra step, you will need to this anytime you upgrade too

1. Open Home Assistant and install “SSH & Web Terminal” add-on
  2. Disable Protection mode
  3. Connect to the device via SSH and install the patch:

Copy to clipboard

ssh USER@IPADDRESS
docker exec -it homeassistant /bin/bash
pip3 install git+https://github.com/felipediel/python-broadlink.git@patch-23 --force-reinstall --no-deps
  1. Restart the server.

hi divieshm,
thanks for the info. as i am a new kid on the block with limited knowledge i was wondering if i need to set the broadlink first in detection mode and paste it into ssh webterminal?

Set the rm4 up, only to point of connecting it to your wireless, no further config needed out side HA, so when you have the ip address you can put it in to HA.

However HA won’t see rm4 until the above commands are in terminal, also be mindful that everytime you upgrade HA Core, you will need to put those codes otherwise ha won’t be seen again

should i replace USER@IPADDRESS with my hassio address before i paste it in ssh & web terminal?

Yes that is correct, but hopefully, if you go direct via terminal on the web page it should log you on directly, so that step can be missed

Hi
I guess I’m doing something wrong. I’m trying to install my new RM4 pro (firmware v52079), I started to manually add the line 0x653C: (rm4, "RM4 pro", "Broadlink") to the __init__.py file. After restarting, my HA didn’t restart or even start correctly, so after checking I have seen that I got an error on the log file and reverted the change (removed the line).
Then I tried to install the line pip3 install git+https://github.com/felipediel/python-broadlink.git@patch-23 --force-reinstall --no-deps. I wrote this directlz into the TERMINAL.

As you can see on the picture, the terminal says it was correctly installed, but when I try to integrate again the RM4pro I’m still getting that the device isn’t supported.

Can you help me understanding what I’m doing wrong?

Many thanks

I updated to the new version (Core). They say that now the support is added, but for me it was not working.

I went to the folder where broadlink was installed and edited the initi.py. and added the line with the code in the list.
Then it worked for me.

Thanks. I finally was able to integrate, I believe it was an issue with a “C” instead a “c”. I will wait a couple of days before updating HA, as I’m configurating several equipment and until fix all that, I would like to avoid another unknown :slight_smile:

if you are able to learn RF commands let me know… donno how to do with “BroadLink” app