Adding Third Reality Smart light switch to deconz

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TVZK8D6/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_DVD7H1T53YHCJVB9QE7W I’ve read of other people here being able to add this switch to deconz, but I tried for hours last night. On one of the first attempts at pairing it showesd up as a light in deconz and home assistant, but I was unable to control it so I figured to remove it and then try again. I Since then I could not pair it at all. There’s been like 2 attempts at adding it as a switch that deconz said after searching “compound is prepared” but I don’t know what that means. I’ve reset deconz, the conbee ii stick, HA, the host machine and everything I can think of.

Has anyone had success in pairing this even after much difficulty? I’m thinking maybe it’s a defective unit.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Just wanted to +1 this. I can’t get mine connected either. Deconz, Conbee II, HA.

I never got it working on Deconz or with ZHA. I ended up giving up and returned the item, leaving me with 1 dumb switch still, in my entire apartment :frowning:

Just added these switches to deconz. They show up as lights and are controlled as if they are lights (not switches).
Works in Deconz, Home Assistant, and Homekit via Homebridge.

It was confusing for me because I tried to add them as switches using the Add Switch button (with type Other), but nothing seemed to happen in the pairing window UI.
However, the blinking light on the switch turned off pretty quickly after the pairing window opened.

After a while I gave up and closed the pairing window. The switch didn’t appear in the Switch list.
However, I noticed it did show up in the Lights list.
Turning the Light on/off in Deconz does control the button!

I now have a couple of Third Reality buttons controlling old switches for some old fluorescent light boxes.
They’re loud and kinda janky, but they work.

In case you need to reset the switch, hold the button for ~20 seconds until the little led light starts flashing.

Glad that you got it working. I had it show up as the light but I wasn’t able to control it so I deleted it and never was successful again. You are able to control via home assistant I assume, not just the deconz interface?

@hahihello would you be so kind as to provide details of getting the “light” to appear in home assistant?

I’m new to Home Assistant; have it running as a VM on my Synology NAS. I have a few integrations installed that all just worked after installing them (HACS, the Wyze API, the Homekit integration)

I can control the third reality switch in Phoscon but it does NOT appear in Home Assistant; I assume once I get it showing up there the HomeKit integration will pick it up as well.

I’m not a total home automation n00b but I’m also not a coder, in the past I used ISY controllers and Insteon quite extensively but got tired of PLMs blowing out so have been on various WiFI platforms the past few years. I’m trying to get back into not relying on cloud services, being locked into one ecosystem, or having the hub pile of doom, and Home Assistant seemed like a good option with the breadth of support but getting it setup is kicking my butt.

I’m not even able to get it to appear as a light, switch, sensor, anything. I hold the button down for ~30 seconds, wait for the blue light to flash and then start searching for switches/lights. The blue LED stops blinking, but nothing appears in Phoscon.

Falling back to my general electronics experience; that sounds more like an RF interference or range problem assuming HASS and your dongle are configured correctly/not reporting any issues.

I upgraded to the newest branch of Deconz, and now it just… works! I’m thinking the older docker branch just didn’t have support for them.

I ended up buying other switch to see if the other one was defective and it worked! Not sure if deconz update had anything to do with it.