Simple Scheduler Addon

I really like this, and it’s written in php so bonus. Would you be willing to accept pr’s?

Hi @Sabuto
I’m kinda new to all this git world. (It took me 5 minutes to understand your question :rofl:)
I have to learn it because of this project.
I’m not a corporate programmer (maybe I’m not a programmer at all), so I’m not familiar with team working.
Please, don’t get me wrong, I’m still not prepared to this.

What would be your idea of improvement?

So looking through the code you use jquery but only on the tooltip. I would probably change out the rest to use jquery (just for readability). I would also be happy to implement some of the ideas other have had with the different things like climate etc

Also just out of interest why do you pull the python image?

JQuery is there not just for tooltip. I planned to use Datatable to sort columns and to use rounded toggle buttons instead of checkboxes. Being this just esthetics, I postponed.

The python image is a mistake due to laziness :rofl:. The first version of the scheduler engine was in python and I didn’t want to rewrite it. But I was having trouble running it in docker along with PHP. So I convert it to PHP. I forgot to remove python image from Dockerfile. Thank you for the tip.

Not for my use case. I have automations that control my house climate. I want them enabled or disabled for certain periods. They may then be triggered by temperature during those periods.

3 Likes

Fair enough. Just wanted to point out the difference as sometimes it does matter.
Your heating control is HUGE…

2 Likes

Np lol, also whenever you do getelementby[name,I’d etc] you could use jquery

1 Like

+1 for this. That would make it far more powerful.

That said, it is awesome already

1 Like

The Automation bit is normally hidden in a folded row.

Having said that… all the time entities would disappear with access to automations by this addon.

Version 0.08 released!
Now the addon supports this components:

• light
  • switch
  • script
  • camera
  • climate
  • automation
  • media_player
  • scene (experimental)

You can disable some of those components from configuration if you don’t need them and you prefer to reduce the length of the dropdown list. Just set the component you don’t need to to false.
Probably you will have to rewrite the translations in the configuration… sorry about that… I thought that items should be re-arranged with the new parameters.

5 Likes

fantastic, great addon, will try now.

Ok, installed so far so good.

A couple of requests:
Maybe split the selection in light, switch, and so on, for those who have a long list of devices (this is minor)
Put the sunrise and sunset options, instead of the time

1 Like

for non sophisticated people, like me, this addon is way way way simpler then Shedy, which I try toi install but was far from easy to understand (for me at least)

3 Likes

Hi, climate should be more of temperature rather then ON-OFF. Nevertheless I started to bring lots of automation to your scheduler. Big thanks

2 Likes

where is it? I couldn’t find anything (0.08) just down the add-on page.

One improvement request: I really like the way input_datetime handles input (hours and minutes separately) and I believe it would be great to implement.

p.s added a new issue on Github :wink:

After reading what is planned for the official addon (scene control only) I don’t think your addon will become useless at all.

1 Like

This was already in my mind. I think that the dropbox is really messy, but the HTML dropbox is limited. I have to replace with a javascript one, maybe with icons and column.

By the way, starting from 0.08 they are sorted by components. Better than nothing… :rofl:

Yes sorting is good, overall is ittle messy, but enough for a start.
In addition to time would be great sunrise and sunset options (with offset)

Hi,
Any chance to be able to install this as a separate container in docker for those who are not using hassio?

The dockerfile doesnt specifically relate to hassio so you could build based on that dockerfile

Version 0.10

• Added support for input_boolean

• Grouped entities in the dropdown

2 Likes