Advice fine tuning room-assistant

Hey everyone,

I have recently set up room-assistant in my apartment with 3 Raspberry Pi devices in different room and am trying to get some room level presence detection happening.

I’m using the bluetoothClassic method and am monitoring my Apple Watch and iPhone. It sort of works but sometimes the readings jump around a lot and rooms change.

Any recommendations for values like minRssi and such, or is it a bit of trial and error?

Thanks in advance.

Also if there is any other advice on room based presence, is this the current ‘best method’?

Did you ever get this to work the way you wanted to?

I have been struggling with the same problems lately. I live in a small apartment so that probably complicates the accuracy of Room Assistant.

What I have found to work is increasing the minRSSI setting for bluetooth-classic tracking as close to 0 as possible. I have also tried using a rolling average of 300 seconds but I’m not sure anymore that that is helping.

Here is a Discussion post on the Room-Assistant GitHub where another user is asking similar questions as you do: Watch changes room frequently