Aeonstick Z-Wave failure

Dear all,

it would be perfect if you can help me. I dont know why but I have always the problem that Home Assistant said that I have an invalid config.

I did many different things:

sudo apt-get install libudev-dev

result:
got a message that this is allready installed, so that should be ok.

and I did this steps:

The stick is active on this port:

ls -l /dev/ttyUSB0 
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188, 0 Nov 16 17:53 /dev/ttyUSB0

My config:

zwave:
usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB0

I have only this libs in the libary:

grafik

It would be perfect if you can help me.
Thank you

Operating System = Ubuntu
Home Assistant 0.57.3
installed like this: https://home-assistant.io/docs/installation/virtualenv/
Best regards

alkru002

Did your config look like:

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB0

That should be a valid config, if your USB stick is /dev/ttyUSB0, and the user you’re running Home Assistant as is a member of the dialout group.

@alkru002 The Aeon Zwave stick normally shows up as /dev/ttyACM0 on Ubuntu.

Hey,

thanks for your help.
I can check one more time the usb_path. It could be that I use the wrong command for the check. I am working so I cannot check which command I used to verify that was /dev/ttyUSB0.

But one more thing:
Is the libary pyhton_openzwave the right one?

Thanks.

BR alkru002

Don’t worry about the libraries, Home Assistant automatically installs the required Python packages when you enable the Z-Wave component.

Do you have any idea how I can find out which /dev/XXXX it is? It could be that it is the wrong one…

Mh, damn I did this installation:

~$ ls -ltr /dev/tty*|tail -n 1
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188,  0 Nov 17 20:04 /dev/ttyUSB0

and my configuration is:

#zwave    
zwave:
usb_path:/dev/ttyUSB0

Normally it must working. And the stick is active (blue light).

Does the time match when you connected the stick?

If not, you’ve got something else that you’re connecting. What does ls -ltr /dev/tty*|tail show?

Dear all I tested some things but I got this error:

File "/home/akruse/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave/__init__.py", line 269, in setup
    config_path=config[DOMAIN].get(CONF_CONFIG_PATH))
  File "/home/akruse/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/openzwave/option.py", line 81, in __init__
    raise ZWaveException(u"Error when retrieving device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))
openzwave.object.ZWaveException: 'Zwave Generic Exception : Error when retrieving device /dev/ttyUSB0 : [\'Traceback (most recent call last):\\n\', \'  File "/home/akruse/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/openzwave/option.py", line 75, in __init__\\n    raise ZWaveException(u"Can\\\'t write to device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))\\n\', \'openzwave.object.ZWaveException: "Zwave Generic Exception : Can\\\'t write to device /dev/ttyUSB0 : [\\\'NoneType: None\\\\\\\\n\\\']"\\n\']'

Any ideas? I dont have any idea…

I tested also different USB Ports with different /dev/tty*/

I got it with this:

sudo chgrp akruse /dev/ttyUSB0

… they z wave config ist not invalid and I see

What user are you running Home Assistant as?

Is that user a member of the dialout group?

I run it with my user. I tried to install with an other user but it did not work.

If you type id what do you get?

What does ls -l /dev/ttyUSB0 show?

hi,

i get this:

uid=1000(akruse) gid=1000(akruse) groups=1000(akruse),4(adm),24(cdrom),27(sudo),30(dip),46(plugdev),118(lpadmin),128(sambashare)

crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188, 0 Nov 21 18:29 /dev/ttyUSB0

Try

sudo usermod -G dialout akruse

Then reboot