Aeotec Home Energy Meter G2 not polling

Hi all,

I recently updated Home Assistant to v104.2 and I noticed that my Aeotec Home Energy Meter G2 is no longer reporting any values. I believe this started happening from v103, or perhaps even v102 - but unfortunately I no longer have the logs to know exactly.

The configuration of the HEM is the same and it has been working for more than a year and going through the parameters in HA and zwcfg they all seem the same as previously.

The device is set to report correctly, all entities have poll intensity set to 1 and I can see it reporting (example below):

receivedCnt 22228
receivedDups 614
receivedUnsolicited 9473

I also know the reading is correct as I’ve checked the physical connections.

However, in HA, I get 0 values for all readings. And this is reflected in the ozwlog also (2020-01-20 10:02:49.775 Info, Node005, Received Meter report from node 5: Current=0.000A).

I have a qubino device and that works just fine.

The only thing I haven’t checked yet is removing the device from zwave and adding it back again, but this seems quite extreme and I’m not sure it will solve the problem.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

1 Like

Hello I have the same problem With : AEON Labs ZW095 Home Energy Meter Gen5 (Node:2 Complete)
I have delete z-wave network, unplug the usb stick, restart HA -> insert the usb stick --> installe Zwave and start the Network, nothing my plug is working but the Home Energy Meter doesn’t work.
Thanks for any help

N polling required check your configuration parameter 101.

From the manual (AEON Labs ZW095 Home Energy Meter Gen5):

Parameter 101-103 [4 byte dec] can be configured through your gateway in case that the default settings of your meter
are not what you desire.
You may also download the configuration sheet that can be used to easily choose and automatically calculate the value that you are looking for:

Download Excel HEM Gen5 Calculator Here (https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/attachments/6039852024)

Setting an automatic report interval.
Parameter 111-113 [4 byte dec] can be configured through your gateway in case the default settings of your HEM is not what you desire.
Parameter 111 will set the interval for Group 1 (parameter 101), parameter 112 will set the interval for Group 2 (parameter 102), and parameter 113 will set the interval for Group 3 (parameter 103).