Aeotec Wallmote Power Management Level

The Aeotech Wallmote reports power management level of 254.

This doesn’t make sense to me because the engineering spec says the range is 0x00-0x0F.

Does anyone know the values that indicate the various levels of battery?
The parameter lets you set the definition of low battery with the default being 10%.
So I don’t think this value returns a level, I think it just returns various states like the engineering spec states.

Does anyone have this device reporting battery level correctly?

I want to automate a notification when battery is low.

I’m not sure that the “power management” is reporting the actual battery level but instead is just reporting the battery state. Which I think is different.

Check in the states page under zwave.xxxx to see if there is a “battery_level” listed under the attributes column. That’s where every battery level is for every z wave device I have.

Aeotec support says “PowerLevel command class is used for determining health of communication to the gateway.”

I did find the battery_level in attributes and I was able to create a sensor value from that. So I think I have it working. Well see if it reports as battery level drops, right now it just always reads 100.

Yes, but you didn’t say anything about “PowerLevel”. You were talking about “PowerManagement”.

But I think it sounds like you found what you were looking for.

OH good point. Sorry I confused then. There is a lot of junk in the zwcfg for the wallmote. It has to be hacked to work and it has things in it by default that I don’t think are supported.

Power Managment came from this command class which isn’t listed in the engineering specs of the wallmote. It doesn’t even list COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM.
I think this section should really be removed.

<CommandClass id="113" name="COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM" version="4" request_flags="1" innif="true">
    <Instance index="1" />
    <Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Alarm Type" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0" />
    <Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="1" label="Alarm Level" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0" />
    <Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="2" label="SourceNodeId" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0" />
    <Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="11" label="Power Management" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="254" />
</CommandClass>

The PowerLevel is supported, I had them confused when I replied.

Yes I did. And in case anyone else wants battery level to work for WallMote. Here is what I added to my configuration.yaml

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      wallmote_battery: # Aeotec Wallmote Battery Level #
        device_class: battery
        value_template: >
          {% if states.zwave.aeotec_zw130_wallmote_quad.state %}
            {{ states.zwave.aeotec_zw130_wallmote_quad.attributes.battery_level | float }}
          {% else %}
            0 | float
          {% endif %}
        unit_of_measurement: "%"

It is currently generating an error when I start up my system but the value gets updated as 100 so I think it might be working. We will have to wait for the battery level to drop to be sure.

The errors I am getting from this are

2018-08-03 14:41:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor.template] Could not render template wallmote_battery: UndefinedError: 'mappingproxy object' has no attribute 'battery_level'
2018-08-03 14:41:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor.template] Could not render template wallmote_battery: UndefinedError: 'mappingproxy object' has no attribute 'battery_level'
2018-08-03 14:41:47 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201807200] http://hauh.local:8123/frontend_latest/app-6e4d53ede29a686d41a2bb0807ecd12c.js:445:3536 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_stateDisplay' of null
2018-08-03 14:41:47 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201807200] http://hauh.local:8123/frontend_latest/app-6e4d53ede29a686d41a2bb0807ecd12c.js:445:3536 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_stateDisplay' of null

Battery level works correctly, drop of level battery is correct. Gives same error at startup that is because the devices are at sleep and the information might not yet be available.