After update to 116.2 Light Groups no longer have the brightness slider, how can I fix this?

Like the title said, I updated to the latest version and have all my lights in groups. I have about 30 lights in the living room so I group them together and adjust with the slider in the entities card when I tap the entity. However, It turns out I can no longer do that?! I’ve looked at secundairy info and toggle actions but it seems like it’s no longer possible? Anyone solved this?

Pictures attached of the slider I used to have and is now missing when using the entities card and light groups

Imgur

1 Like

All ok here

Same here - it came with 116.0
grafik

Ok for me

I’m on 116.2 and I’ve just added a light group as a new entity and I get the dimmer slider as expected too.

Do you have the group setup in the groups.yaml as a group or in the configuration.yaml as a light?

My group is a light in the configuration.yaml

Hi Ross,
I have my groups defined in groups.yaml.

The behaviour is a bit strange …
So I defined a light group in configuration.yaml and added it to the view where the others are. When clicking on the “old” group(s): no slider(s). As soon I click the new light group all “old” ones are showing sliders:
grafik
After refreshing the view, the sliders are gone again until the new light group is clicked again :thinking:

I have them as a light group in groups.yaml. I can see the group no problem, but the slider is gone… I just noticed it was back and then I openend it again, and woop. Gone. It seems to be a bug of some sort. First I thought it might be cookies but it happens on multiple devices.

So basically you created new groups and that seems to work? I feel like this must be a bug! I think the home assistant creators need to be aware of this

There’s your problem. You have a group of lights not a light group. There’s a difference. Light group is actually placed under the light integration as a group platform.

Like this:

light:
  - platform: group
    name: Kitchen Lights
    entities:
      - light.kitchen_ceiling_lights
      - light.kitchen_under_cabinet_lights
      - light.kitchen_spot_lights
      - light.pendant_lights

Not like this:

group:
  kitchen_lights:
    name: Kitchen Lights
    entities:
      - light.kitchen_ceiling_lights
      - light.kitchen_under_cabinet_lights
      - light.kitchen_spot_lights
      - light.pendant_lights
1 Like

Just changed this to what you suggested, it works now. Isn’t it a bit odd it worked for almost a year the other way though

1 Like

Probably has something to do with the recent lazy loading of Lovelace elements. You can raise an issue here: https://github.com/home-assistant/frontend/issues

Just got this problem with the last upsate. I also defined my light groups in groups.yaml as I thought they belong there and all was working good.

Anyways, will put them under light: now :slight_smile:

Just checked and I got my light groups defined under light:, however my brightness sliders disappeared with the last update :frowning:

Update: After a reload they are back :slight_smile:

Mine dissapeared too, reload didn’t help…