AIO and Mosquitto. Was working, but I broke it

So I ran the All in one installer and had my mosquitto mqtt working well. I was publishing location from owntracks and trying to get smartthings bridge working. I tried changing around a bunch of settings and I think I ended up breaking it.

I can currently get mosquitto running, on boot with no problem. HA doesn’t throw any errors for it in the log (Only error is 17-01-10 14:20:49 netdisco.ssdp: Error fetching description at http://192.168.0.254:49152/wps_device.xml). In command line I can subscribe to /# and I can command-line publish topics and it receives them. From HA, however, I can no longer seem to successfully publish topics. It calls publish, but I never see it show up.

in configuration.yaml, I have this code for the mqtt

mqtt:
  broker: 192.168.1.216
  port: 1883
  client_id: home-assistant-1
  username: user
  password: pass

I set up sudo mosquitto_passwd -c /etc/mosquitto/pwfile user with password pass. I had previously deleted the file and recreated it in my struggles.

my config.yml for mqtt is … very large because it is super descriptive since AIO created it. I had changed the port and listener, but they are currently

#port 1883
port 1883
listener 9001
#listener 1883
protocol websockets

I’ve been following BRUH Automation’s guide for this, and I definitely had it working but broke it somehow. I’m not sure if there is something in one of these files that is still broken, or if i am completely blind to another file or setting that might be broken.

Help is appreciated.

What commands do you use to publish successfully from the command line? Your HA is set up to use websockets (which I have never seen before) and I am wondering if mosquitto has been set up to receive that. Your command line will show what it is expecting.