Air Box WP6003

Guys, is anyone who could help me ?

As I understand this device only has a VOC and temperature sensor. CO2 is calculated from that so it shouldn’t be trusted.
Even VOC is probably some cheep sensor, so I would trust Awair data more, but the data seems to be roughly aligned, just the scale is off.

The ESP32 connects to HA over WiFi as is standard for ESPHome. The ESP will scan for WP6003 over bluetooth using Reg1nleifr’s code which is installed via ESPHome.

But, before getting into any of this you should first troubleshoot your WiFi connectivity because if you can’t get a generic ESPHome to connect then this won’t work either.

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a tool to add BLE devices to HA with MQTT integration. It requires Bluetooth on Linux and python (it is not ESP32 firmware). Recently I’ve added WP6003 support, so you can try it with your devices:

2 Likes

thank you and good luck!

Dear Devbis,
how install your tool on hassio to take data form my wp6003?
thanks

Hi @Volleynet76 , unfortunately, I don’t use hassio and docker images for Home Assistant. So I can’t help you with the exact steps, but if you run it in a container, you should mount /var/run/dbus in the container to forward Bluetooth events.

Hello,
There have been an update on esphome since June 2021.
Esphome can now let us receive a notification and parse the data using a lambda function…
Please find below my blog article where I’ve added the code/configuration.

@kylehase
regardings different values with different sensors, i had a bme680 & a ccs811 for some time before i found the wp6003
these two have similar values but differ from the wp6003
my suspicion is that the wp6003 shows absolute values, while my other 2 sensors show delta values
top left is ccs811, right is bme680, bottom left is wp6003

@omarghader
pdata[6] is also part of temperature or high values become negative
but i am using your solution with 2 devices and a wemos_d1_mini32 more or less successfully for a few months now.
the unstable nature of the ble client implementation leads to sensors randomly vanishing in HA so i made an automation which reboots the esp32 every few hours.
sometimes the reboot switch vanishes so i need to manuelle reboot it, but that happens rarely.

@Reg1nleifr
since the BLE Client lib is unstable, i tried your custom component
but i tried to compile it for an M5Stamp-C3
support for the stamp-c3 requires to use the most current esp32-idf >= 2.0
so i use this

- framework-arduinoespressif32 @ https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32.git#2.0.4

this leads to

In file included from src/main.cpp:37:
src/wp6003.h:3:10: fatal error: BLEDevice.h: No such file or directory

• Looking for BLEDevice.h dependency? Check our library registry!
  • CLI > platformio lib search “header:BLEDevice.h”
  • Web > PlatformIO Registry

the Platformio search leads to an outdated lib from nkolban, and further search ( Forks · nkolban/esp32-snippets · GitHub ) leads to a fork of his BLE lib which supposedly fix the changes of the recent changes in the esp32-idf:
GitHub - W-M-D/esp32-snippets: Sample ESP32 snippets and code fragments
but this is in no form like the BLE lib, idk how the original author packages this to the BLE lib to be usable

but i can’t get it to compile with esphome using this reference

libraries:

any suggestions from anyone?
should i do a new thread ?
made a separate thread for this problem BLE using custom component no longer compiling since ESP-IDF update because of hardware

i have weird value jumps on TVOC:
when the value rises above 3.2 it immediately goes to 4.8