All Zigbee/ZHA devices intermittent

Hey all, first post here, apologies if I’m asking in the wrong section. I’ve got an issue started over the last day or so, and a pretty good amount of searching hasn’t revealed anything to me.

Yesterday, I was installing a Z Wave (bear with me, I’ll get to zigbee in a moment) in-wall switch, so I turned off the breaker, without realizing that breaker was also powering my Home Assistant setup. Got the switch installed, powered back on, got the Z Wave switch added to HA, all looked good. Then I realized that NONE of my zigbee devices were working any more. I assume this has to do with the hard power cycle, not the added switch, but thought it may be worth mentioning. I have a combo zigbee/z wave antenna, and Z wave is working, so that shouldn’t be an issue. Over the last 12 hours or so, the Zigbee network has intermittently popped on and off every few hours. When it’s on, everything is fast and snappy and reliable, like normal. Then it just stops working again. This is the error I get whenever it becomes unresponsive:

[0x5D58:1:0x0006]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('[0x5d58:1:0x0006]: Message send failure')

• with multiple instances of that Message Send Failure section

Prior to this issue, zigbee was perfectly reliable for 3 weeks or so (I’m a new user, this is the first issue I’ve encountered), and I’m 99% sure nothing had updated recently.

I’ve restarted home assistant, rebooted the host, re-seated the antenna USB, and recovered from a an HA backup, all without solving the problem. Finally gave up and deleted the entire ZHA integration and started over. But, even after re-adding the integration, ZHA found all the devices on the network but they are still unresponsive. It’s just now occurring to me that I didn’t have to re-add devices one by one, it found the whole network at once… if that’s indicative of anything.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, really not sure where I went wrong here. Thanks in advance!

Alright, I’m back! Kind of bumping this thread and kind of adding more info. Since my last post, my concentration was interrupted by, well, you know, life. I stepped away from the system for like a week right after my last post, and by the time I returned everything was working again. But now, a few days ago I installed more Z Wave switches, and now the Zigbee stuff is on the fritz again. Has anyone else had problems like this?

For future searchers: I too have this issue whereby whenever power is lost to the Home Assistant box (Intel NUC in my case) the entire Zigbee network falls apart and all communications in the log end with “message send failure.”

There is no pattern to this that I can discern. I have the Conbee II USB zigbee stick. I plan to upgrade to the Sonoff 3.0 Zigbee interface soon to see if there are any improvements.