Amazon Prime Music and Snapcast

I have just been listening to podcast #13 and it sounds like Snapcast is the answer to a problem my wife posed to me last night.

She currently listens to Amazon Prime Music with an Echo Dot with a bluetooth attached speaker for better quality. She would like to be able to walk around the house and have the music played in every room.

Is there a way to have my HA server (rpi3) connect to Amazon Prime Music and use Snapcast to stream it to multiple Snapcast clients throughout the house? If so, can she still use voice commands to control which music is played?

Please let me know if anyone out there is currently doing this

Thanks

Steven

2 Likes

hi, no way to do this? i’m looking for similar solution

thanks

Not that I know of. I have resorted to using Amazon Prime Music and just say “Alexa, play xxx everywhere”. The everywhere keyword plays the music on all echo dots. It is either all or one, though. No picking and choosing the echos.

Here i have qote start playback Amazon Music Playlists or tunein radio stations from Home assistant to echo devices. play and pause works but per now not the choose of an playlist or radiostation for automations thats were verry pretty → Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed - #2207 by northpower25

I think you can setup groups and stereo pairs now