Android app feature request

I’d like to see the Android app be able to do custom notifications. I have a weather app that shows the current weather in the notification area, but I think it’d be awesome if the Home Assistant app could show the temperature from a sensor I have on my back patio.

Or if the app could show a persistent notification for any sensor of our choosing. I think that’d be pretty cool.

John

It can?

1 Like

all already possible, check the link above to create your own notifications.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply! I am actually using notifications like this in current automations. I don’t know if it is the same as what I am looking for. Here’s a small screenshot of the notifications I have now.

On the first screenshot where it shows 37 degrees, is there a way for home assistant to show the current temp of one of my sensors in the same format? All I can get is the Home Assistant icon or the pull down notification. I thought I could do the pull down, but I’d really like just the temp (or sensor value of any sensor) to always show/update at the top.

Thanks again for the reply!

https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/notifications/notifications-basic/#notification-status-bar-icon

use this to change the icon, you can only select an MDI icon to show in the status bar. The app can only show an icon, so whatever app you have there is creating icons on the fly to update and that is not something the app will be able to do. When it comes to notifications you as the user is responsible for updating the notification with icon.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the pointer. I don’t think I’ll be able to accomplish what I’d like with having to use the MDI icons though. I know it can be done with a pull down notification but I’d rather be able to just glance at it without having to pull down.

thanks again, I appreciate it!