Another component for ZiGate

let me know if you need any logs or anything…#like i said…not only happening with ikea but also innr and osram.

what ever support i can give just ask please.

and a thanks for all the work put in!

Wonderful!
don’t mean that I’m not happy with your component for the moment but using official supported component would be great. If it support all your features of course.
if you need beta testers just say the word.

1 Like

I have no problem with my osram bulb, for months

How to manage group with zigpy ?
Does it change entities name ?( If I need to change all my automation)
If you need beta tester … :stuck_out_tongue:

Is there already a user of this module with zigate?
https://m.fr.aliexpress.com/item/32982164582.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32982164582&productSubject=D-origine-Xiaomi-Mijia-Aqara-Deux-voies-module-de-commande-Sans-Fil-Relais-Contr-leur-2&af=171752&aff_platform=aaf&cpt=1552480049394&afref=&cn=15643&dp=12%3A%3A171752%3A%3A0f003m8ww1e4%3A%3A%3A%3A1552480049&cv=12&pvid=a44727a2-9555-4cf1-a3f4-e47668d9ffe5&sk=Y7bAZbY&aff_trace_key=5f8b5e4c922f44f5a02b3624877e7bf3-1552480049394-05367-Y7bAZbY&rmsg=replace_same_item&scm=1007.23534.124000.0&terminal_id=5138a7a2dc3e4ef4959eb0d2bd36ea85

Looks interesting… But what does it actually control?

Seems it could be used to control wired products through ZigBee?

Yes it’s similar to popular zwave micro modules you can put behind a standard wall switch to controll a light for example.
The issue here is that I was not able to find any documentation regarding the product and more important the size of it. On picture it looks really big.
So I order one piece and will see the result… in few weeks then.

The webpage says:

Caution: This product must be used with a gateway and there must be a neutral line.

Product Size: 49.3 * 46 * 24mm

Input voltage: 100-250 V, 50Hz

Maximum load: 10A / 2500 W

Operating temperature: -10 ℃ ~ + 50 ℃

Operating Humidity: 5% ~ 95% RH

Sounds like the size is ok for a wall socket. :blush:

Could you possibly describe what this means? How do your Zigate component, zigpy and zha work together?

Also, I heard Zigate can listen / connect to multiple channels?

I love your component. All my Xiaomi stuff was automatically detected, including the multiclick buttons and it just works. Great work!:heavy_heart_exclamation:

It means we can use the official zha component instead of mine.
In that case all the job is done by zigpy and the zigate itself is just a zigbee serial adapter

My alternative for the same purpose but not zigbee was a shelly.cloud dual module.
39x36x17
Because I always have tons of cables behind these wall switches.

This is awsome!

hello @doudz
somethings change in the lib ?
Everythings has been working great before i upgrade the component and home assistant.

• I lost some modules: not link in the graph and not reporting data, it seems to be all module connected to outlet ( router )
  • Some outlet ( ikea ) partially working :
  1. hass : toggle the ikea switch = APS data failed
  2. use the ikea remote to swith the outlet : working and received informations ( switch automaticaly toggle in HA)
  3. hass : toggle the ikea switch = working and received all previous “toggle order” at once.

After some time we can have to do again the process …

Does using zigpi will move all process from zigate to host ( computer ) ? i think zigate is not powerfull enought.

EDIT 1 : now everything seems working now … really strange. I thinks zigate is a bit laggy

Is the integration already available in public HA?
There is no ZiGate in radio device selection.
When I try to configure ZHA as single plugin to manage ZiGate and select ezsp ad radio device, HA stops staring.

Any additional steps needed, beside adding ZHA entries to configuration.yaml?

zha:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB0
  database_path: /config/zigbee.db

The zigbee.db is initiated - some binary content is present, after HA restart.

Integration in zha is not yet public. And it require a custom zigate firmware because the current 3.0f doesn’t have the needed raw mode.
It should be available in the next firmware release

zigate could be “laggy” if you or the component send too much request in a short time.
I had these kind of issues when I send discover_device request multiple times without waiting the end of the previous request.

1 Like

Great, I’ll wait for it impatiently :slight_smile:

In the meantime, I’m using Your’s latest component version.
When I add multisensor module (ie. Aquara temperature-humidity-pressure) is there any way of automatically rename sensor entities to match the one that I give to module?

After adding I get naming similiar to:
module: lumi.weather [id]

• temperature LUMI lumi.weather [id]
  • pressure LUMI lumi.weather [id]
  • humidity LUMI lumi.weather [id]

What I (and probably most of us) want is:
module: room

• temperature room
  • pressure room
  • humidity room

You could rename from HA directly
Peek%2025-03-2019%2013-09

I know about that. :smiley:
But I deeply dislike the idea of changing the name 4 times for each sensor module (1 for module, and then for each sensor).
I can easily write a script for that, if only these entities were stored somewhere in accessible form.

I don’t know if you can do it automatically
IMHO it’s not a big deal since you do it one time and that’s all for life :wink: